Klarth
join:2005-09-16
Joplin, MO

1 edit

Klarth

Re: Here's that blazing MediaCom speed!

said by Juneau :

hurr durr

Edit: And the lesson for the day is not to feed the trolls.
Expand your moderator at work

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

1 edit

Lazy Senior to Juneau

to Juneau

C,mon Anon, Mediacom Chad said he had noted Klarth had made several calls about his problem, Klarth HAS been whining locally, it just did not help him. Not a surprise - - this is Mediacom after all.

Why should Klarth have to jump thru hoops to get a problem fixed anyway?? Why does MediacomChad have to fix problems at all?. Why aren't they handled at the local level? Why do customers have to jump and down to get any problem fixed? Why does anyone have to make repeated calls to get somehthing fixed? Why is this forum full of similar complaints?.

It says a lot about Mediacom customer service to even suggest such a remedy. Why can't a customer EXPECT to get a problem fixed after his first call??? Why doesn't Mediacom call the customer back to make sure a problem has been fixed?

For every person complaining here, there are probably 10 customers suffering in silence. They just say the hell with it and cancel.
Expand your moderator at work
CR_Client
join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR_Client to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior

said by Lazy Senior:

C,mon Anon, Mediacom Chad said he had noted Klarth had made several calls about his problem, Klarth HAS been whining locally, it just did not help him. Not a surprise - - this is Mediacom after all.

Actually, MediacomChad said that about the OP, VTX1800N1, not about Klarth.

As far as Klarth's problem is concerned, a ping time or 456 ms with horrendous upload and download speeds is NOT indicative of a utilization issue, it's indicative of a serious line or noise problem.

As with most issues, he/she should probably start a separate thread so that it's easier to keep track of which users are getting their issues worked on/resolved and which ones are not, but that's only a suggestion; I know that MediacomChad probably has his own way of tracking customer issues for resolution.
Klarth
join:2005-09-16
Joplin, MO

Klarth

Chad has already diagnosed it as a over-utilization problem. He also took the liberty of getting 'local' technicians to come check the line for problems, and they agree. During the early morning and afternoon my speeds are near normal, but here's what it looks like right now (sadly this is a good night).

All communication with him is done through PM solely and I already know it's a utilization issue so there's no much point creating a thread to say "hey is anyone else in my location having speed problems?". And again to his credit, he's doing everything he can, but a few "fix" dates have come and gone already... it's just a waiting game. Even today I got another call from a technician offering to come to look at the line, but I explained everything I've said above (and got him to confirm that they are supposedly going to have a fix later this month... maybe) --why have him waste the gas driving from Springfield to Joplin? He said that should fix it, so we'll see...

WellDarn
@mchsi.com

WellDarn

Anon

Does any of this have anything to do with the tornado that tore Joplin up last year? I remember when we had a lot of damage down in Texas from one of those it took the cable company many months to get everything back up.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

From what I understand, there was a main fiber line to Joplin that was destroyed. We routed our traffic through another provider for a little while and we're working on moving traffic back to another, higher capacity line.
raize
join:2010-01-02
Des Moines, IA

raize to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
I think I would agree. I'm paying for the 50/5 ultra max service:
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 0967.png

I think I've had enough. I need to upgrade my phone service so it doesn't make sense to keep paying $99/month for Internet if it's not going to be guaranteed download rates.