Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stufried
Premium
join:2003-10-13
reply to nonymous

Re: This is like a once a year big time event. Hard for streamin

Amazon leases capacity on its servers for exactly this type of one off usage. You can offload to them.

What I find amazing was the problems they had licensing commercials. "Hey Coca Cola we also want to put your add on our stream feed of the game at no extra charge." Is Coke really going to charge extra to broadcast their commercial? Is there a huge fear that pirates in China are going be selling bootleg DVDs of Clint Eastwood's Chrysler Commercial? I think NBC needs to replace whoever was their negotiator.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2

said by stufried:

Amazon leases capacity on its servers for exactly this type of one off usage. You can offload to them.

Amazon can only go so far. What you really need is a good CDN like Akamai or Level 3.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

L3 was used this time around AFAIK. L3 + Akamai would've been even better. Throw in some LLNW for good measure

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to stufried

"no extra charge" was probably off the table

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
reply to stufried

Coke didn't get paid for their ad to start off with. They paid to have it played.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
reply to iansltx

said by iansltx:

L3 was used this time around AFAIK. L3 + Akamai would've been even better. Throw in some LLNW for good measure

Yeah, probably their origin servers couldn't keep up. I know people who work there... wouldn't surprise me.

FLATLINE

join:2007-02-27
Buffalo, NY
reply to 25139889

Wow dude! Right over your head. Nice!