Jan Janowski
Premium
join:2000-06-18
Skokie, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Berries

Re: [Security] Linksys E2000

I have an E2000 with latest Linksys firmware... I wanted to create a guest account, but wanted to do it manually.... The only option I had was to use their "Automatic Install" Software.. run off CD.

I contacted Linksys, and got a real run-around.... Everyone I talked to said it COULD be done (Guest access), but when I said "OK-Show me".... The first words out of their mouth was "Get the Auto Setup CD".... and I Didn't want to do that... I wanted to set it up manually...

I ended up setting up the system Manually, as I wanted... but never found any way of enabling a guest access via a manual setup....

Not that I'm a network genius... I'm most certainly not a network genius.... but I wanted to manually set it up, so that I'd learn more about the setup configurations..... I'm the type of guy who does printouts of each setup screen and puts them in a book for future reference..... This way, I have an idea of how it's setup...
Silly me.... Wanting to know how I set it up...... Entirely contrary to the "Head in the Sand" approach the Auto Setup CD would give me!

If you find a way to gain access to guest access manually... Please post the info... OK?
--
Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle