uniqs

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Riplin

Premium Member

to Riplin

Re: [Aliant] Bell FibreOP coming to Greater Sudbury!

said by Riplin:

Bell is perfectly happy leaving copper to the home for as long as they could cause the insane profit margins are too much to resist. Houses a mere 50feet from fibre (sudbury is truly wired on main routes already) could not get hooked up cause they had no incentive to offer it. The copper rakes in too much profit. Eastlink changed the game moving to doc 3 offering far superior speeds and better bundles.

Don't get me wrong each has their own evils but 20mbps with no cap will eat any of bells dsl pkg's anyday. They had to do something and had to act quick. If they truly roll fibre to almost every house in sudbury (reasonably priced with NO CAP "you here me aliant? NO CAPS") then it will be a game changer.

There are alot of sheeple here though still and no matter how much you explain the technology it still comes down to how much $ it is /month.

From what I hear, Bell Aliant (in the atlantic provinces) is a no cap service with the FibreOP service.

So...definitely I think it'll change the game here. At least for areas that can get it, but it looks like they're going to roll out a lot in a lot of areas based on the website...Although I think its funny they left the CO's of Rockwood and Lasalle on the list...even though 99% of people don't know what CO they're connected to...I believe there's 3 in Sudbury, there's one Downtown but I forget the name of the street, but big building next to the police station.
Savillian
join:2003-11-22

Savillian

said by nitzguy:

So...definitely I think it'll change the game here. At least for areas that can get it, but it looks like they're going to roll out a lot in a lot of areas based on the website...Although I think its funny they left the CO's of Rockwood and Lasalle on the list...even though 99% of people don't know what CO they're connected to...I believe there's 3 in Sudbury, there's one Downtown but I forget the name of the street, but big building next to the police station.

That will be changed very shortly, we pointed that out this morning that the employees are mainly the only people that would know what those areas correspond to. Should have been something along the lines of South End, Downtown and New Sudbury.