normal
This is a sub-selection from [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
reply to Doc Lithius

Re: [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

Dekaron and Runes Of Magic both Play.

Dekaron took over 2 Moons a while back.2 Moons was a revamped port of Dekaron and it never gained a lot of Popularity.2Moons and Dekaron are essentially the same game.And it goes without saying the latency is like WOW and so is the game play lag.

Runes Of Magic is similar to WOW in many aspects but suffers from Higher Latency.

They are playable just do not expect miracles.

With Hughesnet you MUST learn when the peak times are.There is a inherited "Mechanical Latency" with Satellites.Some Satellites are older then others.And as such when they get people hitting them with Requests it lags...this happens during peak times.

I can get 800 ms Religiously out of Peak Time.But At EXACTLY 3 PM EST (and lasts) till 10 PM EST its over 1200 ms or worse.Whether its a Throttle by Software or if its due to the Mechanical Lag I dunno.I do think that Hughes states in the Agreement we all sign that it has measures in place to ensure equal balance to all customers.

I am looking forward to the new Satellite called Jupiter though.Its gonna help a lot I hope.