share rss forum feed

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
reply to DC44

Re: [Cataclysm] Arcane mage 4 piece

I was the only Main Mage that answered. I just don't have a 4 piece set. I gave my opinion. It was never discussed with my interpretation. It seemed like the OP almost did not like the answers he was getting, or knew he wasn't going to like the answer to the question, making the OP seeming pushy.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
reply to JB
said by JB:

ummm, icy veins? sorry we arent good at helping you play your class, I guess (not to mention you dont even provide the bonus in your OP, you expect us to know it off the top of our heads.)

Methinks this might be "Watermasta" here again with his DFAS.MIL email address. Guess he got all fed up with SWTOR already and came back to WoW in a month...and after all that trolling about how WoW sucks compared to SWTOR. Poor guy. And if he's not Watermasta, then IMHO, he's burned any bridge for "real" help questions from a DFAS.MIL address.
--
I'm not loafing. I work so fast I'm always finished.
If idiots could fly, this would be an airport.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to TysonFC
said by TysonFC:

said by JB:

ummm, icy veins? sorry we arent good at helping you play your class, I guess (not to mention you dont even provide the bonus in your OP, you expect us to know it off the top of our heads.)

Why do you always have to act like a dick?

His clearly looking for constructive help

No he wasn't. I don't think JB comes from the "everyone gets a trophy era" like some of us here. We give it to you straight and demand facts and prior investigation before whining. Grow a pair Tyson...
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by mettachain:

said by TysonFC:

said by JB:

No he wasn't. I don't think JB comes from the "everyone gets a trophy era" like some of us here. We give it to you straight and demand facts and prior investigation before whining. Grow a pair Tyson...

JB always starts off as a dick. You have to prove to him that you've done your homework before he is willing to communicate directly with you. He generally assumes people are lazy, especially those with handles he hasn't seen. That's JB. It's how he plays the elitist. right or wrong, it's just what you get when JB starts typing.

the OP asked a question, then complained about non-answer, while ignoring answers given, leading to an overwhelming feeling that JB's gut reaction to this guy was probably appropriate. It was a specific question that few here have enough experience to provide definitive answers.

Tyson stood up to JB... he has a pair. He wasn't wrong about JB being a dick, he was just a little too altruistic about the OP, IMO.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
He wasn't being a dick, just being matter of fact, I am not sticking up for JB, I just call it like I see it.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
reply to Immer
I feel like i suck now in my "mageness". For once i know more than the lay person in a damn thread and he did not even quote it or discuss it at any length. I am starting to believe my guildies now. FML

From being in a hardcore guild in the past it is not being a "dick" as much as it is being elitist. Even in a HC guild when you ask a question you best come with all your ammo, not leave anything not fired. An elitist looks as that question as being bothersome and will not help him. Instead of the OP coming in pasting the 4 piece bonus, and giving different variables or rotations to start the convo off. Then JB would parse the info and give his opinion and would help. Elitist will not just hand out info. It almost has to be earned. Kind of like RESPECT!!!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Treebark
said by Treebark:

He wasn't being a dick

this is actually a relative concept. for JB to be "being a dick" it REALLY has to be something out-right in your face. We all accept JB for who he is. That only makes him less of a dick to us.

edit: OP still hasn't come back since his QQ. So, JB was clearly justified in blowing this guy off. and for the record, I am actually sticking up for JB.

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
reply to cigtyme
said by cigtyme:

I feel like i suck now in my "mageness". For once i know more than the lay person in a damn thread and he did not even quote it or discuss it at any length. I am starting to believe my guildies now. FML

Nah Cig, I read your stuff man, you gave him an answer, if he didn't like it he could have done some more research or waited for more.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
Its crap though. I left HC to be casual and get to hear all about you suckas HC content kills and it pisses me off. The one damn time it is right up my alley this BS happens.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
said by cigtyme:

Its crap though. I left HC to be casual and get to hear all about you suckas HC content kills and it pisses me off. The one damn time it is right up my alley this BS happens.

Heroic content never appealed to me. If I beat the boss once, what's the point to go back on hard mode and beat him again for a minor upgrade? I guess that's the way I play all games though from MW3 to Halo. Play on Normal, beat it, then call it "Mission Accomplished." I honestly don't get too much reward out of wiping over and over again. I now also play "casually" and raid current content 2 nights a week for 3 hours. Casually for me is still getting into 25m FL raids (which I did last night and got to Rag), ICC mount runs, 25m OS3d, etc. I like to play with other people but I don't like the frustration of heroic progression.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
said by mettachain:

Heroic content never appealed to me. If I beat the boss once, what's the point to go back on hard mode and beat him again for a minor upgrade? I guess that's the way I play all games though from MW3 to Halo. Play on Normal, beat it, then call it "Mission Accomplished." I honestly don't get too much reward out of wiping over and over again. I now also play "casually" and raid current content 2 nights a week for 3 hours. Casually for me is still getting into 25m FL raids (which I did last night and got to Rag), ICC mount runs, 25m OS3d, etc. I like to play with other people but I don't like the frustration of heroic progression.

I feel the same way. I like to occasionally "try it on heroic" but I won't beat my head against the wall (again) just to down it on heroic.
--

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
It was a metaphor guys. Meaning i used to be progressed a lot futher real fast when new content was dropped. I was the curve, now i am just way behind it.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
said by cigtyme:

It was a metaphor guys. Meaning i used to be progressed a lot futher real fast when new content was dropped. I was the curve, now i am just way behind it.

RL > WoW. I'm the same way, "used to be progressed fast with new content drop," gave up the "need" to watch the wowprogress numbers. I don't regret my decision, I'm sorry it sounds like you do.
--

watermasta

@usmc.mil
I'm really upset that my friend has ruined my name on these forums. Note that i am not at the @Dfas.mil but @USMC.mil. I played a mage as main for close to 6 years. I quit just before Cata came out, so i can't answer the question as I have not kept up with the new game mechanics.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
said by watermasta :

I'm really upset that my friend has ruined my name on these forums. Note that i am not at the @Dfas.mil but @USMC.mil. I played a mage as main for close to 6 years. I quit just before Cata came out, so i can't answer the question as I have not kept up with the new game mechanics.

Sure thing
--

stormhunter

@DFAS.MIL
reply to Immer
You guys take things was to serious :P. Learn to lightnen up. 3 things:

1. I did do my research. I even stated that I went to EJ and Icy veins. EJ is out of date and icy veins doesnt mention what I was looking for

2. I felt there was no need to provide the set bonuses and/or rotations. If you didnt alrdy know what the set bonus was then you couldnt help me. This was an advance question that could only be anwsered by a knowledgeable mage. Not some restro druid that "thinks" he knows how to play a mage

3. Hell yes I was pushy. I am not here to make friends :P I wanted anwsers. And I got what I wanted so all of you can suck it now

Oh and like I said before thank you for the people who actually tried to help out.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by stormhunter :

Not some restro druid that "thinks" he knows how to play a mage...I am not here to make friends...I got what I wanted so all of you can suck it now...Oh and like I said before thank you for the people who actually tried to help out.

DFAS rots your soul.

stormhunter

@DFAS.MIL
Thats funny bc its true

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
said by stormhunter :

Hell yes I was pushy. I am not here to make friends :P I wanted anwsers. And I got what I wanted so all of you can suck it now

I like the rapport you built up. Expect no further help from anyone in the future. Also, your ridonkulous, vague, unfounded post is typical of HR personnel at DFAS. --

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA

2 edits
DSL doesn't have an Ignore function yet??

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by cigtyme:

DSL doesn't have an Ignore function yet??

with anons, you can only choose to just ignore all of them. I'd like to ignore all "@dfas.mil" addresses. You can ignore members individually, though.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
Trolls like that get me going until i cool off

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
reply to stormhunter
If you did your research and couldnt find it you suck, bottom line.

TysonFC

join:2010-07-01
reply to Treebark
said by Treebark:

said by TysonFC:

said by JB:

OP comes in wanting to know how to play his class with little info given. How was that being a dick. I am sorry. He can't get his answers here, take 5 minutes before raid and look it up on on icy veins, ej, or noxxic. It isn't that hard. I am sure if someone new exactly what to tell him, they wouldve. Not everyone checks this site every second of the day. Mages with the 4 piece could have been afk.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
lol. thats all you have. grow the fuck up and come back when you have something better.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by TysonFC:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

awe, tyson... and after I stuck up for you. guess you weren't the only one being over altruistic, eh?

said by Treebark:

lol. thats all you have.

... yeah...
--

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to Stormhunter
said by Immer:

Start of fight:
1. Cast ABx10 without blowing any cooldowns. Possibly stick one AM in there so your mana doesn't go down too fast. Goal is to stack the buff.

I am still laughing at the fact that a class rotation consists of hitting one button ten times in a row. What a joke.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Suniojii:

I am still laughing at the fact that a class rotation consists of hitting one button ten times in a row. What a joke.

in all fairness... it's only one spec of said class.