NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to hescominsoon

Re: Too much effort for too little reward

said by hescominsoon:

said by fifty nine:

Cuban is somewhat right.

Internet streaming takes a lot of horsepower and effort.

Traditional broadcast is much more efficient.

You want to watch the SB for free? Get an antenna. That's what I did.

wrong. The technology/horsepower/bandwidth..etc etc etc is in place. NBC streamed many nfl games in great full screen quality throughout the year. I know i watched several games on the nbc website in good full screen quality. The fact they screwed up the superbowl leads me to believe this was intentional.

To be fair though, there is likely a vast difference in the number of people looking to stream a regular season game versus the final game of the season (Superbowl)

You can see the same thing happen in Canada (on a different scale of course) with CBC streaming Hockey Night In Canada regular season games on Saturday nights and then playoff games when the regular season ends.

During the regular season the stream is rock solid and I can watch the game perfectly on my monitor but come the playoffs, depending on the matchup I want to watch, the stream quality crashes and burns under the load that's placed on it.

Providing the bandwidth for the games isn't free and since we aren't paying to watch the stream, it's not like we have any leverage to ask for improvements

NefCanuck