All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jcorcoran
join:2010-08-12
Toronto, ON

jcorcoran to lleader

to lleader

Re: [DSL] Blindsided by Teksavvy! $8 modem rental fee!

I just called accounting & inquired about my next invoice and, even though I signed up for 25/7 before February 2nd, my March bill will include the $8 modem rental fee.

My guess is whoever speculated before that existing customers would be exempt was incorrect.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by jcorcoran:

I just called accounting & inquired about my next invoice and, even though I signed up for 25/7 before February 2nd, my March bill will include the $8 modem rental fee.

My guess is whoever speculated before that existing customers would be exempt was incorrect.

Not sure of the reason, but if TSI bills existing 25/7 accounts the $8 modem rental fee (since those accounts' base rate is dropping like everyone else's), they'll anger THAT group of folks, but if they do NOT, they'll piss off the NEWEST subscribers who have been told that they themselves will have to pay it anyway.

Gonna be difficult for TSI to come out of THIS dilemma smelling purty !
Shirtjoy
join:2012-01-07
Scarborough, ON

Shirtjoy

TSI Dave told me that we would be exempt (through customer service email).
jcorcoran
join:2010-08-12
Toronto, ON

jcorcoran

Let us know (you can find out your next estimated invoice amount through accounting), because I was told yesterday that even though I was an existing 25/7 customer, I would be charged the $8 modem rental on my next [post Feb 2nd] bill.
malocite
join:2004-05-24
Hamilton, ON

malocite to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

said by jcorcoran:

Not sure of the reason, but if TSI bills existing 25/7 accounts the $8 modem rental fee (since those accounts' base rate is dropping like everyone else's), they'll anger THAT group of folks, but if they do NOT, they'll piss off the NEWEST subscribers who have been told that they themselves will have to pay it anyway.

Gonna be difficult for TSI to come out of THIS dilemma smelling purty !

If only that had been up front and honest.... its remarkable how much EASIER everything is when you don't try and pull a fast one...