Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

picrthis

join:2009-12-24
Largo, FL
reply to scanman1

Re: [Internet] Procedure to replace BHN modem due to $2 monthly

Here we freakin go again, they raised the price last year, and then they are raising the price yet again this year.......in addition to that they are now going to charge us for the modem that we've been paying for all these years, which is totally payed off for sure! So what the heck CHARGE for it now. They've figured out a way to raise our bill TWICE in one year.

Oh let's not forget 40mb wideband customers who they made pay them extra money to get that modem installed; that is money down the drain now if you roll your own.

No wonder 3rd world countries have much better bandwidth than the USA, cause they nickel & dime us all the way, AND so says the FCC. Bandwidth has been going DOWN year after year NOT up, except with the cable crooks.
AND you wonder why I dropped Cable TV completely?? Over-priced little value for the $$$ Antenna works just fine, and so does first rated RedBox Movies.

Time to downshift my speed, you raise the price I'm downshifting; in the end how much "extra" did you get???

Can't wait for FIOS in my area!!!

scanman1

join:2010-11-25
I hate to burst your bubble picrthis but I can assure you that Fios expansion is 100% shut down.

You either have it or you don't at this point.

(Non disgruntled layed off VZB employee)

picrthis

join:2009-12-24
Largo, FL
Yes I know the FIOS expansion has been sadly shut down, I'm just pissed that brighthouse is taking advantage of us because well they can; still doesn't make it right.

The cost of bandwidth keeps going down, so that would offset any minor other cost they refer to going up, AND finding a way of doing TWO increases in the same period is pure GREED!

The cost of service should be going DOWN, not up. The last couple of contracts at work we signed our cost have went down each time; AND will still get 4 hour response with a REAL Truck & a real Tech when we need it. Not some contracted kid out of high school who is payed per home visit.

Yup they forced us to pay them an extra $50.00 for a kid in his personal car, they did NOT roll a truck; AND when he left my house it still wasn't working, and I had to call BRH twice to follow-up with a tech over the phone to get it working properly. What an A-Hole way to run a company.

Now I'm "allowed" to install it myself????? Geezz I could have done it back then as I can now.....I think they should give me a $50.00 credit, but you know their GREED will never let them do that.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to scanman1
said by scanman1:

I hate to burst your bubble picrthis but I can assure you that Fios expansion is 100% shut down.

You either have it or you don't at this point.

(Non disgruntled layed off VZB employee)

Scanman I'm sorry to hear about your situation and you are correct...if FiOS doesn't pass your home now it's not likely it will anytime in the near future if at all.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~