Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

join:2008-03-28
kudos:1

[request] 'Mute' a thread...

Has this been requested before? (I searched, didn't find anything.)

You know, updated threads show up in »/forums/fav and you clear them... but they keep coming back! (oh, the horror) Well, I wasn't interested the first time I saw the topic, and I'm still not interested. It might be nice to be able to mute such threads instead of just clear them. (I'm not sure how much I would find such a feature to be useful, but at least occasionally, I think.)

mute = clear a topic "permanently"
--
"Sorry for not responding to your post, but either I haven't seen it yet, or what you said was so devoid of substance that I found it utterly uninteresting."

Annmarie
Lillian
join:2000-11-11
kudos:5

Re: 'Mute' a thread...

Check right udder my avatar for the wording Following (stop).
Click (stop) and see if this thread shows back up later on.

There is no site wide button to stop seeing all the threads at once.

If there is I was not informed.
--
"Jeez we have a topic going on pecker-wrap! How off topic is that? After-all, we are all here to learn new things and share experiences." ~ anon troll

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

This isn't about following or not following--that's irrelevant on the aforementioned page (you get both); it's about weeding out the, well, weeds (aka "topics of no interest to me... ever") from that list of updated topics (since the last 'clear all') that show up again and again and again... and, often, the most uninteresting topics [to me] develop the longest threads. It's not that it's a huge pain to 'clear all' repeatedly; it's just that it could be a nice convenience to mute some threads as the occasion arises.
--
"Sorry for not responding to your post, but either I haven't seen it yet, or what you said was so devoid of substance that I found it utterly uninteresting."

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON
reply to mod_wastrel
It's not possible. It has been requested before and was even an option a very long time ago, it was ignore thread updates. I doubt it will ever return.

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

OK, thanks. Like I said--not a huge pain to do the 'clear all'.