spc
uniqs

BranFlakes
@74.198.150.x

BranFlakes to bimmerdriver

Anon

to bimmerdriver

Re: [AB] Optik TV to go

You can watch from PC with Shaw for a few years now. It's good that Telus is finally catching up this is where owning content comes into play a) to use and b) to leverage. Telus needs those content deals badly with 6 times less HD VOD to choose from and 25 times less SD to pick from content wise compared to Shaw.

According to British Telecom this was the reason they dumped Mediaroom last week as the back end couldnt leverage their VOD assets. A recognized flaw.

I hope that both Telus and Shaw get on the live tv game as ynohtna said would be nice to catch a game live on a cell.

Patman023
Ex-TELUS employee, Ubuntu Lover
join:2009-03-01
Edmonton, AB

Patman023

wow, you're a walking shaw advertisement...

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak to BranFlakes

Premium Member

to BranFlakes
said by BranFlakes :

You can watch from PC with Shaw for a few years now.

How? I had Shaw a "few years ago" and couldn't watch from the PC, only stream their limited Galaxie Music.

BranFlakes
@74.198.150.x

BranFlakes

Anon

Shaw's player was launched the same week Optik was born, ok so just under 2 yrs ago lead the way innovatively. »www.lightreading.com/doc ··· lr_cable

Works great from anywhere.

tudorwise
@telus.net

tudorwise

Anon

said by BranFlakes :

Shaw's player was launched the same week Optik was born, ok so just under 2 yrs ago lead the way innovatively. »www.lightreading.com/doc ··· lr_cable

Works great from anywhere.

I remember that tool. It was anything but great.

Optik TV isn't catching up to Shaw, its rocketing past Shaw. The feature gap is widening yet again.

Branflakes
@74.198.150.x

Branflakes

Anon

Oh really? In my experience it is very good. I compared both websites and the content difference is astonishing lacking with Telus. I also have control with shaw over bitrate, it tells me pc usage too. I think that Telus realized it can't really compete but at least it's trying to kudos to them.