spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ihateurogers

@rogers.com

[Extreme] Internet pretty much non functional in the evening

So my internet has been unusable for the past 3 months during peak hours (usually 5-12, or 7-12, sometimes even 12:30) and I haven't received a definitive answer on when it'll be fixed...Is this normal? I even upgrade from express to extreme and now its even worse, I can't stay connected to any IM service, my emails won't load half the time and I'm getting 50% packet loss from 7-12. I'm surprised I could even post this

ihateurogers

@rogers.com

forgot to post this but this is my average speed in the evenings
»www.speedtest.net/result/1761273209.png

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
reply to ihateurogers

Node congestion, nothing you can do about it other than switch to DSL.

Labonza

join:2008-08-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to ihateurogers

Upgrading to a more expensive package was the worst thing you could do in this case. you're rewarding Roger's incompetence.

Now that you know the problems are at their end, phone them up and demand to be switched back to Express or threaten to cancel and go to Bell or anyone else.

Too many people pay too much $$$ for bad service.

CANADIANSOUP

join:2011-06-27
Mississauga, ON

I wish it was that easy for me. currently with Rogers "Extreme". and hate the service. Unfortunately it's my only option at the moment. Can't get DSL, Dial up is only available in my area. So i'm stuck with .......

bfksc
Unlimited on Distributel

join:2011-11-22
Toronto, ON

said by CANADIANSOUP:

I wish it was that easy for me. currently with Rogers "Extreme". and hate the service. Unfortunately it's my only option at the moment. Can't get DSL, Dial up is only available in my area. So i'm stuck with .......

Complain to Rogers about the poor speeds during peak periods and ask for a credit since you're paying for full speeds but not getting anything remotely close to it. They will often credit you each month that you have experienced such poor speeds. Call every time you get your bill if you have to, but don't just pay for poor service. If they don't want to give you a credit of any kind, tell them you'll cancel the service and go somewhere else - that usually gets them to respond since any money is better than no money.

Just remember that it's not the fault of the person on the phone at Rogers customer service. Be polite and let them know you're not happy, but don't get mad at the person on the line - it doesn't help to yell at a CSR.