All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

SoCalDude
join:2008-07-30
Oxnard, CA

SoCalDude

How do you get a "loyal customer discount" ?

How does one qualify for it? I've been a fios internet customer since 09, and have been a triple play subscriber for about a year now. I got the triple play without contract and stayed the whole time, I think that's loyal ha.

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium Member
join:2004-09-11
San Diego, CA

Edrick

Premium Member

Have you called and asked for it?

I think we've had it since 2007 (the discount). We've had service since 2005.
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona to SoCalDude

to SoCalDude
Or, you can look at it as a 'fleeing customer discount' -- you can tell them that you've found a better price elsewhere, and ask them to bring their pricing in-line with the other. I'm sure there are discretionary discounts they can give out....
-----------------
Example: About 4 years ago or so, a family friend suddenly decided that $130/month was too much, for the benefit she was deriving from the service she had. She explained it to Verizon just in that way, and they were happy to give her a discount to lower the price. I think they pushed it all the way down to like 110 a month from 130. --I can't remember what svc she had, or what term she was on....

Mahalo
join:2000-12-20
united state

Mahalo to SoCalDude

to SoCalDude
Compare the rate you have now to what a new customer is getting. If it is lower, tell them you want the same rate as a new customer. Retention Dept 1-800-837-4966

Pureblood
'Let's Go Brandon'
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
PorkRoll NJ
·Optimum Online
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WAX630

Pureblood

Premium Member

said by Mahalo:

Compare the rate you have now to what a new customer is getting. If it is lower, tell them you want the same rate as a new customer. Retention Dept 1-800-837-4966

I received my bill yesterday and called today trying to get a better rate. My promo price is gone (which was no surprise) and my contract ends next month. There is no longer a "Retention Dept" , if/when you call you will be dealing with the regular CS Reps.

mod_wastrel
anonome
join:2008-03-28

mod_wastrel to SoCalDude

to SoCalDude
Anything useful in this thread:
»New Verizon rewards for loyal customers..

SoCalDude
join:2008-07-30
Oxnard, CA

SoCalDude

Thanks for the info guys. My 12 month deal is about to end and I have to call in and see what kind of deal I can get this time. As long as I can pay around the same price, I'll be good.
barje
join:2002-06-24
Red Bank, NJ

barje to SoCalDude

to SoCalDude
I just called to renew my valued customer discount for another year the rep said they do not offer it anymore. My contract is up this month and are possibly moving this year so I don't want to renew a contract and have a ETF. Anything I can do I was going to call back and try another rep.

Pureblood
'Let's Go Brandon'
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
PorkRoll NJ
·Optimum Online
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WAX630

Pureblood

Premium Member

said by barje:

I just called to renew my valued customer discount for another year the rep said they do not offer it anymore. My contract is up this month and are possibly moving this year so I don't want to renew a contract and have a ETF. Anything I can do I was going to call back and try another rep.

Let me guess, moving out of the Nanny state? LOL, same here allot could change in 2 years let alone 2 weeks. If VZ was that confident in their products there would be no contract and/or ETF. That’s the attraction with our local Cable Co, no contract. I called VZ yesterday and probably got read the same script they read you. I have one month left and I will try one more time about a week before the contract ends. If VZ and I can’t come to some type of agreement I’ll go with cable and remove the ONT from the premises.
barje
join:2002-06-24
Red Bank, NJ

barje

I am not leaving NJ just a little south. They do have FIOS in certain areas. I did call again and basically got the same answer no valued discount. So I am going month to month for now.

scoopy03
join:2003-05-06

scoopy03 to Edrick

to Edrick
said by Edrick:

Have you called and asked for it?

I think we've had it since 2007 (the discount). We've had service since 2005.

I also had service since 2005 and even as an employee for them and haven't got a discount from them at all. It seems like I always got a hold of somebody who didn't know what I was talking about some loyalty discount.