wesm
Premium Member
join:1999-07-29
Seattle, WA

1 edit

wesm

Premium Member

[FiOS] They're doing something... FrontierFiOS.com

So this domain was created on 2/3/2012 (see here). FrontierPacificNW.com redirects to it, and this new site doesn't contain any reference to Fort Wayne, Indiana.

More interesting: There are now three triple play bundles advertised: Prime, Extreme, and Ultimate HD (previously only Prime was shown). They still don't want to push just TV and Internet, as there's no bundle shown for a double play that doesn't include phone.

Most interesting: The $500 install fee is removed from every TV-mentioning page on the site. For instance, here only shows a $49.95 activation fee and the fine print doesn't say anything about an existing ONT.

Food for thought.
rifleman69
join:2006-04-12
Beaverton, OR

rifleman69

said by wesm:

So this domain was created on 2/3/2012 (see here). FrontierPacificNorthwest.com redirects to it, and this new site doesn't contain any reference to Fort Wayne, Indiana.

More interesting: There are now three triple play bundles advertised: Prime, Extreme, and Ultimate HD (previously only Prime was shown). They still don't want to push just TV and Internet, as there's no bundle shown for a double play that doesn't include phone.

Most interesting: The $500 install fee is removed from every TV-mentioning page on the site. For instance, here only shows a $49.95 activation fee and the fine print doesn't say anything about an existing ONT.

Food for thought.

How many years later? *facepalm*

firephoto
Truth and reality matters
Premium Member
join:2003-03-18
Brewster, WA

firephoto to wesm

Premium Member

to wesm
Maybe their spinning it into it's own LLC so they can kill it off quicker and disappear.
bigred1324
join:2009-07-27
Fort Wayne, IN

bigred1324 to wesm

to wesm
It doesn't mention Fort Wayne, but if I put in my zip code (46805) it works.

wesm
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

wesm

Premium Member

Chatted with a person via this new site

A couple of amusing bits: First, the chat transcript copy came from "FiOS Chat Team" with a subject line of "FiOS Online Order Team." Second, I'm pretty sure the person is in the U.S., since American-style chat typing was used:
[FTR]: Np, thank you for your interest in our service. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions. Have a great day!
Some interesting tidbits. On double plays with TV:
Wes: Hi! I was wondering if Frontier has any fios bundles for TV and Internet.
[FTR]: Unfornately we don't have a double play bundle with the just tv and internet.
[FTR]: We do have standalone pricing though that you can do on both services.
On the $500 install fee:
Wes: That reminds me. A coworker said there is a $500 install fee but Frontier's site doesn't mentionit. Is there a fee like that?
[FTR]: There is no $500.00 fee.
[FTR]: As of yesterday (Today is 2/10/2012) a business decision was made to pull that fee.
(This is entirely true; several coworkers have bitched about that fee. Never mind that I already have service...)

The same person also said that TV doesn't carry a contract, though Internet can either be month to month or have a 2 year contract if you want a ~5% discount and no installation fee (ordinarily $80).

Not to be a troll about it, but I wonder if Karl Bode will make a post regarding Frontier, FiOS, and "users in our forums..."

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to wesm

MVM

to wesm

Re: [FiOS] They're doing something... FrontierFiOS.com

FrontierFios.com now is just a GoDaddy placeholder page. (Sidenote, why is Frontier using Godaddy for hosting???) The content looks like it's now at »www.frontierforhome.com and includes Indiana content too.

wesm
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

wesm

Premium Member

Interesting. Their tabs seem to be a little messed up at the moment and content was changing as I clicked through tabs so I think a site update is in progress (the tabs look right in IE, but are broken in Firefox). Some other changes in addition to adding Indiana: There's now language that says "[a] 2-year agreement with a maximum $360 ETF applies to FiOS TV service," which matches what Verizon charges for an ETF. Standalone TV prices are gone; TV is only advertised as a triple play. A quick chat reveals that the pricing is unchanged from earlier:
[FTR]: We have three packages and they are:

Good Prime HD*
(Up to 225 channels including 45+ HD) $64.99
Better Extreme HD*
(Up to 320+ including 65+ HD) $74.99
Best Ultimate HD*
(Up to 385+ channels including 90 HD) $89.99
The rep also said that pricing is available on the "third tab" on their page, but that only shows me Internet and phone when I try Redmond or Lynnwood ZIPs. Maybe my browser is still broken; I didn't try troubleshooting it too much, and the text from above looks like it's copy/pasted from their website.

I wonder if the frontierfios.com domain was set up by a marketing company and we weren't supposed to see it before "go live" in March.
frontiertim
join:2012-02-22

1 edit

1 recommendation

frontiertim to wesm

to wesm
Today was Day 1 of Frontiers conversion of the remaining former Verizon accounts. Frontier is 100% US based workforce. Indiana was converted over in October of last year. As the later post mentions...Frontier did remove the $500 install fee for new FiOS TV Customers.