how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
reply to telcodad

Re: Say goodbye to ClearQAM

And it continues to recommend FCC's AllVid proposal as a solution, which appears to have gone nowhere (just like tru2way). Figures.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6

said by GTFan:

And it continues to recommend FCC's AllVid proposal as a solution, which appears to have gone nowhere (just like tru2way). Figures.

You can view the latest public filings (including one posted today from Public Knowledge), from parties on both sides of the AllVid proposal, on the FCC website at: »fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/proceedin···me=10-91

PaulGo

join:2005-01-29
Gaithersburg, MD

Comcast is actively pushing for the encryption of all channels:

»venturebeat.com/2012/02/08/fcc-u···r-cable/

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

said by GTFan:

You can view the latest public filings (including one posted today from Public Knowledge), from parties on both sides of the AllVid proposal, on the FCC website at: »fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/proceedin···me=10-91

Unfortunately, comments don't equate to action on AllVid - from the original notice of intent two years ago, I believe the implementation was supposed to be done (or at least well under way) by end of this year. The FCC has done nothing with it since the NOI came out, as far as I can tell.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6

said by GTFan:

said by telcodad:

said by GTFan:

Unfortunately, comments don't equate to action on AllVid ...

I agree, given the strong opposition to this by the big cable companies, this will not go anywhere, while in the meantime, they will soon be successful on removing the ban on encrypting the basic-tier digital channels.