This is a sub-selection from ultra tv

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
reply to sgc

Re: ultra tv

Comcast isn't out there cutting non-customer lines. Yeah, there are isolated incidents of stupidity, but I doubt the sales rep went and cut your lines.

sgc

join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL
said by Badonkadonk:

Comcast isn't out there cutting non-customer lines. Yeah, there are isolated incidents of stupidity, but I doubt the sales rep went and cut your lines.

They did cut the line; they even locked the outside box with a Comcast lock. After the cable cut out we saw them driving away. We called Comcast and they didn't help. WOW! sent someone out in a couple days (this was before they offered 1-hour windows on the next day). There was no other possibility, especially since we saw it happen. A rep I spoke to said it happens quite often, especially from Comcast.

The rep said we hadn't paid our bill in 2 years (the Comcast rep on the phone), but we had lived in the house for 3 years, and we were never Comcast customers, so... yeah.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
I've been in Naperville in several different houses as have been my parents since the day Comcast took over the old Jones network. Never happened to us. I've spoken to neighbors in this area (most of whom use WOW) and they've never complained of that.

Maybe it happened to you, but I have a feeling there were other extenuating circumstances or errors on someone's part.

sgc

join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL
said by Badonkadonk:

I've been in Naperville in several different houses as have been my parents since the day Comcast took over the old Jones network. Never happened to us. I've spoken to neighbors in this area (most of whom use WOW) and they've never complained of that.

Maybe it happened to you, but I have a feeling there were other extenuating circumstances or errors on someone's part.

I agree, but I must say that level of gross incompetence and illegal tampering with WOW! equipment certainly nailed the last and final nail in Comcast's coffin for me.

troubleagain

@wideopenwest.com
reply to Badonkadonk
said by Badonkadonk:

I've been in Naperville in several different houses as have been my parents since the day Comcast took over the old Jones network.

Ahh Jones Intercable. I remember them well. I moved to Comcast (no other choice at the time) when they took over. My Comcast line is still there. They better not cut it .