Cobden, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Lazy Senior

Re: [IL] Ex-Customer Gives Mediacom a Second Chance

said by Lazy Senior:

"The Best customer experience possible."

Mediacom gets another chance at making an appointment on time. MediacomChad who is making sure my service is satisfactory IMed me the other day and said my downstream power needs "leveling out". It is running at 11-13 dBmV and I guess that is too high. Anyway he made an appointment for a Tech to fix it. The appointment is 8-12AM tomorrow. Hopefully this Tech does better.

Mediacom advertises "The Best customer experience possible."

I want to experience it myself. Stay Tuned.......

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
reply to Lazy Senior

said by OldCableGuy
"The Best customer experience possible. Night and weekend appointments. 30 MINUTE APPOINTMENT WINDOWS"

This is a 30 minute ARRIVAL window, not appointment window. And did this customer ask for a 30 minute arrival window appointment? I've already ran into this that they only are doing the 30 minute arrival window at the start and end of the day.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2

2 edits
mods delete. tablets suck when trying to post

Lazy Senior

join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to ZC_217
said by ZC_217:

This is a 30 minute ARRIVAL window, not appointment window.

Direct quote from the advertisement which was mailed to me a couple of weeks ago:

"30 Minute Appointment windows"

I searched the whole advertisement and no where does it say ARRIVAL... Maybe you have a different advertisement???? Or are you just putting words where they are not?

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to ZC_217
said by ZC_217:

And did this customer ask for a 30 minute arrival window appointment?

I did not ask for anything. I was told the install would be between 8am-12noon. The tech missed it by 4 hours, did not call, and when he arrived did not apologize.

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Lazy Senior
said by Lazy Senior:

Mediacom advertises "The Best customer experience possible."

I want to experience it myself. Stay Tuned.......

My Mediacom saga continued today.The Tech called me a half hour before actually arriving to tell me he was on the way. He was on time. He also was courteous, friendly and interested in fixing the problem. I asked him lots of questions and he willing explained things to me. Mediacom needs more employees like him and MediacomChad.

After about 1 1/2 hours of hours of work the Tech left. He replaced the tap port on the pole and adjusted attenuation. The tap port had lots of water in it. He also installed a ground block, which the installer had failed to do. My modem signal page looks lot better and speed is as advertised.

Maybe it was not "The Best customer experience possible."
But Better than what I have gotten from Mediacom in the past.

The Best experience possible would have been to get it right the first time - when my Internet was initially installed.

FWIW this Tech was not a contractor, he had a Mediacom truck.
I asked MediacomChad to give the Tech an atta Boy or Gold Star. He deserved it.

CR_Client

join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA
It sounds like this current experience was, in fact, "the best possible".

Does "The Best Experience Possible" really need to include a time machine, to go back and keep things from going wrong in the first place? That seems to be a rather excessive expectation, what with the current state of time travel technology and all...
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Albert Einstein

OldCableGuy

@communications.net
reply to Lazy Senior
This just goes to prove you can't make some poeple happy. The tech bends over backwards, and yet this user still has the gall to say "it's not perfect, because he can't fix something that happened previously". UH NO DUH. I really wish Mediacom kept a log of people and just banned them from subscribing again in the future, to prevent having to deal with them. Let Qwest deal with these propetually unpleased customers "Yes you fixed my problem and were friendly, but there should have never been a problem in the first place, so D- for the company"

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by OldCableGuy :

there should have never been a problem in the first place, so D- for the company"

One good experience does not necessarily make up for years of poor experiences. It is a start to a better relationship, that is all.

And yes, if the installer have been as skilled as the Tech, Mediacom would have saved money by not having to do over his job and the customer would not have been inconvenienced by a second service call. Win win for Mediacom and the customer.

Perhaps Mediacom would be better off to ban me as a customer. After all, I expect them to perform up to their advertising. I tell the truth. Like many here on this forum, I do not feel it necessary to spin poor service.
Expand your moderator at work

Klarth

join:2005-09-16
Oronogo, MO
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Lazy Senior

Re: [IL] Ex-Customer Gives Mediacom a Second Chance

Thank you mods for cleaning up the mess from the poo-flinging troll.

That said, it looks like your situation as a whole is pretty good if your worst problem is a tech being late and you are getting the speeds you should all the time. I hope things go smoothly for you.

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by Klarth:

That said, it looks like your situation as a whole is pretty good if your worst problem is a tech being late and you are getting the speeds you should all the time.

I agree. For the most part Mediacom has done ok. Except for the installer. Installer=F Tech=B+ MediacomChad= A++
Speed=A Reliability=B+

Overall if this continues on this course, I would give the whole experience a B which is pretty good considering Mediacom's past record.

caseywor

join:2004-04-19
Orlando, FL
reply to lhollow
Did it today....Thanks!