spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bobby

@tks-net.com

Magic Jack Android App

below is a actual conversation that I had with MJ...

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Reuben'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5540350260***

Reuben: Hello, how may I help you?
Robert: I have a general question that has been bothering me
Robert: No one can seem to answer
Reuben: I'm glad to assist you with that, Robert.
Reuben: May I know what are the things bothering you?
Robert: When is Talk Free - Magic Jack comming to Android systems? Or should I give up on it since it will never come?
Robert: I love my MJ service but it just seems discriminatory to only have it for Iphone...
Reuben: As for the moment and for your information, Unfortunately, we don't have information yet regarding on when will magicJack APP or Talk Free will be available on Android System as for the moment it is available for iOS devices.
Reuben: You may check our website from time to time for the updates regarding to it, Robert.
Robert: I know that much, can we get some answers? And your website dosent say anything about even working on one
Reuben: I understand your part, Robert.
Robert: I'd buy a 5 year plan right now if you did
Reuben: As for this moment, it is not available. I apologize for the inconvenience and I do appreciate your understanding and patience regarding to this matter, Robert.
Robert: Its pretty frustrating
Reuben: Your a great customer Robert.
Reuben: I understand your frustrated about this.
Reuben: I apologize for this kind of issue, Robert.
Robert: Can anyone you know "comment" on when it "should be available" or "if" one is even being worked on? No one (no customer) has answers and no website does either
Robert: I know that you dont make policies or work in that department, but can you please forward our issues to higher?
Reuben: Okay, Robert. I really do understand your part.
Reuben: Alright, Robert, I might forward your issue regarding your concern and our department will be glad to work on this.
Robert: Or add something in the FAQ section on the site to keep people like me from complaining too much?
Reuben: Thank you for your concern about magicJack, Robert, we do appreciate it.
Reuben: Good suggestion Robert.
Reuben: I apologize again for the inconvenience, Robert.
Robert: You Might forward or will?
Reuben: I will take note of your issue, Robert.
Reuben: Rest assured Robert, it will be posted in our website once this feature is available.
Reuben: Is that okay for you, Robert?
Robert: SO i take it as a "its not going to happen" and "i dont care about your issue" type of thing then
Robert: The iphone isnt even listed unless you search FAQ "from customers"
Reuben: Robert, It will happen however we don't have enough details regarding about it.
Reuben: Don't worry Robert, our engineer is working on it.
Reuben: I appreciate your understanding and patience regarding to this matter, Robert.
Robert: I appreciate the info, well... i guess im done wasting my valuable time for no definate answers... you have a great day sir. And I appreciate you help
Reuben: You are very welcome, Robert.
Reuben: I apologize for the inconvenience.
Reuben: Take care and have a great day.
Reuben: Thank you for stopping by to chat, I hope I did a good job at addressing your concerns. Please take a second to answer a one question survey about the service I provided. Please click the "CLOSE" button on the top right of this screen and the survey will appear. Thanks again!

CJ

join:2000-07-18
USA

Was there an actual purpose to posting that or was it just to make MJ customer service look bad?

We already know CS is bad. That's why you pay $19/year.

Some people on here should have PETA breathing down their necks the way they beat that damn horse to death. Over and over again.

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

said by CJ:

And that makes it ok.

CJ

USA

said by Gork:

said by CJ:

And that makes it ok.

Maybe not ok, but kind of expected.

When I bought this Pinto I wasn't expecting a Mercedes.

That and the fact that I did my due diligence and read many posts (on these exact forums) about how bad CS is. Kind of gets old after the millionth post.
Expand your moderator at work

Gork
Ou812ic

Bountiful, UT
reply to CJ

Re: Magic Jack Android App

said by CJ:

But you were probably expecting it to at least run reliably... For years now I keep 'hearing' people offer up excuses for MJ not being reliable: not allowing users to call phone numbers they may want to call, disconnecting after 2ish hours, not allowing the MJ customer to call back for 10 mins, static on the line, no sound at all on the line during quiet times, poor customer service - and the list goes on. Some issues most assuredly are in the realm of "you get what you pay for," but for the most part I think consumers should be able to either 1) expect more; or 2) be advised up front what they're getting themselves into intead of basically being lied to.

So I'm glad we can agree it's not ok. But, truly, if that used car salesman tells me the Pinto runs reliably I'd expect that it would.

CJ

USA

said by Gork:

said by CJ:

But you were probably expecting it to at least run reliably... For years now I keep 'hearing' people offer up excuses for MJ not being reliable: not allowing users to call phone numbers they may want to call, disconnecting after 2ish hours, not allowing the MJ customer to call back for 10 mins, static on the line, no sound at all on the line during quiet times, poor customer service - and the list goes on. Some issues most assuredly are in the realm of "you get what you pay for," but for the most part I think consumers should be able to either 1) expect more; or 2) be advised up front what they're getting themselves into intead of basically being lied to.

So I'm glad we can agree it's not ok. But, truly, if that used car salesman tells me the Pinto runs reliably I'd expect that it would.

You hit the nail on the head when you said you have 'hearing' for years about all of the issues with MJ. Yet..........people keep buying it and expecting something different.

I'm not referring to normal everyday people. I am referring to the ones on here that can read for years about those issues. Then when they have issues it's like a catastrophic event that somehow is only happening to them. Then they want to come and post about all of their issues like it's never happened before.

You know, before I bought MJ I Googled it so I could make a somewhat educated decision about purchasing it or not. This site is not the only site that bitches about MJ. There have to be hundreds if not thousands of sites that repeat the same issues as posted on these forums.

I can understand people posting trying to get an answer to an issue or problem they are having. That's what these forums are about. But people just coming on here to bitch about the same issues over and over and over again gets old.

My school of thought was that even if I only got 2 months of decent service out of my MJ I was still ahead of the game compared to the price of a land line. And I took my chances knowing that if I needed CS that I was SOL.

Gork
Ou812ic

Bountiful, UT

said by CJ:

But people just coming on here to bitch about the same issues over and over and over again gets old.

Meh, easily ignored - much like any duplicate thread people post before conducting a simple search first.

reply to Bobby

Well for the a&& that likes to give tech support people like me a hard time about software apps and when they are going to get released. I dont work for magicjack but I do work for tier 3 tech support for a huge company and I get hasseled by idiots like you all day. The true answer is,, it will get released when a really smart computer software programmer works out all the bugs and kinks out of the software so people like you wont give them a hard time and call the company crap because they tried to release it to early to make stupid people like you will " complain about how crappy it was why didnt they test it fully before they put it out". So all u complainers shut the f up and go take just one computer programming course for one time and see how complex it is on a pc then try to incorporate it into phone software I'm sure u will never ask again

Gork
Ou812ic

Bountiful, UT

Well, I kind of see this point of view, but at the same time... You'd think if a CS rep was worth their salt they could either: 1) Give a definitive answer; or 2) GET a definitive answer and follow up with the customer.

For instance, in this case, one of two answers with followup if necessary, should suffice.

1) I'm very sorry, but this app has been released on the iPhone and as of now we have not been advised that it will be released on any other platform. If you wish to provide feedback and request this 'feature' please send an email to the appropriate dept at bla@blah.blah.

2) I haven't heard anything about this but will try to find out and recontact you by xx/xx/xxxx either way.

I don't think that's so much for the consumer to ask. I do think that the consumer must expect to be told no in most cases with regard to these types of answers though: "Thanks for the suggestion, but at this time we're not considering releasing this application beyond the iPhone platform. Should we consider this in the future we will release information on our web site."

Instead, in this case the representative tried to handle the OP by sidestepping the issue. It seemed they were just saying whatever they could to get rid of the customer without knowing anything and without having to conduct any followup. I can understand that the OP's comments may have been annoying, but CS is not the job for you if you can't handle annoyed and sometimes even abusive (to a degree) customers.

And this pretty much defines the problem I have with most companies I do business with anymore. One HUGE exception, though: American Express.

W8ASA
Tieng gi vay?

join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Bobby

You should never expect information on future programs from a CSR. His job is only to answer questions regarding a specific problem, and to help solve it if possible. Get in touch with the company's marketing staff if you want to hear what's in the pipeline, or attend one of the trade shows to meet them in person. Lambasting a CSR because he doesn't know anything about their development projects is a stupid and completely unnecessary waste of time.
--
Microwave and RF Components at www.ohiomicrowave.com

Gork
Ou812ic

Bountiful, UT

Probably a better point than mine...

kirkman

@rr.com
reply to learn2progrm

Right on

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Saint Clair Shores, MI
reply to W8ASA

said by W8ASA:

You should never expect information on future programs from a CSR. His job is only to answer questions regarding a specific problem, and to help solve it if possible. Get in touch with the company's marketing staff if you want to hear what's in the pipeline, or attend one of the trade shows to meet them in person. Lambasting a CSR because he doesn't know anything about their development projects is a stupid and completely unnecessary waste of time.

Then the CSR should "admit" up front they don't know and follow a process (if any) to send you to someone who can. Having worked for a company (Sprint) who was notorious for bad customer support rather it was billing or answering questions. However, one thing they did do. When a new product was on it's way, even at my level (switch tech in a central office), we knew about it. Rather we got wind of it from someone or the zillion or so company emails. I've had other vendor techs ask me about stuff that I had no idea about and I told them, however, I would go and look it up or ask. I hated being blindsided. Seems in his case, the CSR's didn't care to know. lambasting a CSR for not giving a crap about it's company products if anything will encourage that CSR to find out before the next call. Just saying.

73's
QSL?

liquidx021

@rr.com
reply to Bobby

Listen I got the answer to everything,do yourself a favor and buy a APPLE product*no android wanna be APPLE and you be happy.Im happy calling you now with magic jack from my iPad 3rd gen "Retina" baby.Don`t cry.