spc
uniqs
bpoff17
join:2009-03-31

bpoff17 to drew

to drew

Re: Tera Online Closed Beta

said by drew:

Adding a separate audio track in vegas is almost painfully easy for anyone who has ever even peeked at a NLE.

What do I know though? I did edit a two camera wedding without having external timecode or the luxury of a clapboard... Audio syncing manually! Then overrode the on-camera audio with a recording from the soundboard.

Basically, I recorded the audio outside of Vegas, then drag and dropped the audio into the program. Preview didn't play the sound, so I figured I would render it and see what happens. Rendered it, no sound.

I swapped over to Movie Maker, drag and dropped the audio same way as Vegas, previewed, heard everything fine, made the movie and away I went. I never went back to Vegas to try and toy with it, since I got the finished product I needed.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Track could have been muted. Master volume could have been too low. Any number of things... There's a bazillion keyboard shortcuts that one could hit accidentally.

The only thing wrong with Vegas, really, is that rendering is a giant disaster unless you know a lot about video editting. They've done it a bit better in 10, but you still need to be confident of your choice, ESPECIALLY if you want audio with the video.
bpoff17

bpoff17

said by drew:

Track could have been muted. Master volume could have been too low. Any number of things... There's a bazillion keyboard shortcuts that one could hit accidentally.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of those things. Like I said, I was in a short time crunch for it (neighbor kids school project that he waited until the day before it was due to complete, did some googling found Sony Vegas trial and away I went).

I'm guessing they've got some useful how to videos somewhere for it? I'd like to dive more into it, so I can redo some old home movies so I look cooler than I actually was. Audio will be a key part in that!

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to drew

Premium Member

to drew
I have a recording interface with a pretty decent mic as I use to do recording for fun but I'm too lazy to set it up just for this. I'll see how my headphone mic works. If it sucks I just won't do any voice overs.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Voiceovers are a critical piece of any gameplay video.

Most headsets have decent enough microphones. Setup audacity (free!) and record through that rather than relying on FRAPS to do it.
drew

drew to bpoff17

Premium Member

to bpoff17
There's tons of tuts out there for Vegas. I had to use one recently for the multi-camera stuff... That was by far the most complex I've ever had to edit and it was a BLAST
bpoff17

bpoff17

Thanks for the info! I'll try to do into this in a few weeks when I've got time between SWTOR and wife

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I'm only like the 1500 person in que atm. haha.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I just pre-ordered from En Masse, where's the beta link?

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Link? Did they send you an email? You log into your account and download. Man I can't stop playing. Movement was akward for about 5-10 minutes but once I got the hang of it AAHH!! Can't stop. The gameplay itself is excellent. Traditional guesting style very common to Aion. The game is not Korean Grindy at all. It's about 9/10 on meeting expectations to me.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yeah, i figured it out. Downloading now.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Cool. It's not hard to hit lvl cap which is at 22 atm.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Any pics?

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Not too much yet. I just took some when I flying.

This is how it looks when you fly from City to City.

Going into the Main city.

Coming out of the Main City.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

#2 screenshot reminds me of DA:O

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· fuHO3x03

Here's just a short clip of some Warrior Combat. Not the great and I kept missing on my charge attack blah. I was level 21 and the two mobs were level 22. I thought I was going to faceroll them but it actually took some thinking. As you can see the AI is pretty decent and combat is strategic not such hack and slash.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

That's pretty awesome. I just started playing a Warrior--feels like the combination of a Rogue, a little DA2 action, and The Witcher 2's dodging/evasion system (actually had my double-tapping my WASD keys in some fights trying to combat roll out of an axe swing).