spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TigerFangs

join:2012-02-10

[Ultra/Lite] Moving from Rogers to distributel

Good afternoon. I have Rogers Lite and I'm moving to distributel cable 12. According to what distributel told my mom, we have to disconnect the Rogers modem and connect the distributel modem for 24 hours so we get internet from distributel. The cut off is on the 23 rd of February from Rogers and distributel claimed to be able to provide internet starting the 9 th of February. I'm not so sure whether this will work or I have to wait until the 23 rd. Please advise...

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
As soon as your account has been activated with Distributel you will be able to start using their service even while your Rogers account is still active.

bfksc
Unlimited on Vmedia

join:2011-11-22
canada
said by JCohen:

As soon as your account has been activated with Distributel you will be able to start using their service even while your Rogers account is still active.

That's correct.
I had Rogers but signed up with Distributel after having too many accounting issues, too low bandwidth, and traffic shaping on too many types of data. I just setup the Distributel line as a new account and had both Rogers and Distributel at the same time. In fact, I put a splitter on the cable and had both going at the same time to see if it would work, and it did. Once I knew Distributel was working well, I cancelled the Rogers account.