spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Chick
join:2000-12-27
Niantic, CT

Chick

How to Send Email From Your Own Domain?

I finally registered my own domain which forwards my email to my metrocast email address. Is there an easy way to send email from that address using Outlook and metrocast?

Thanks

billh491
join:2001-08-09
Portland, CT

billh491

I have my own domain and I do not forward it to mc I just created another account in Outlook and when I check for mail it checks each accounts. I make my domain name the default account so when ever I make a new email it is sent out via my domain. On any new message I can use the drop down menu next to from and choose to send the message via my MC account.

I am sure there are many other ways to run more then one account but this is how I do it as when I went from neca.net to @home I had to change my email so I figured do it once and own it so I choose not to use my MC for anything more then getting notices from MC.

Also in Outlook on your MC account there is not reason why where it says what your email is you can change it to anything you want.

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784 to Chick

to Chick
Bill is correct, you can change your from address to whatever you want, and send it through MC's SMTP servers.

Chick
join:2000-12-27
Niantic, CT

Chick to billh491

to billh491
Thanks Bill & Tenpin.

Bill, it seems like forever that you have been telling me to do set up a permanence email address! I know I should have listened sooner!

Thanks Again

billh491
Portland, CT

billh491 to Chick

to Chick
Now a days with gmail there is no need to use your providers email.

Anyone that has been here long enough has had 4 email addresses with out changing providers. @home.com what ever you used when that went down for 2 months then myeastern now metrocast with no way of knowing when MC may sell out to Cox or Comcast.

Now that you have your own domain name it does not matter what happens.
mangurian
join:2006-09-02
Hillsborough, NC

mangurian to Chick

to Chick

How do you use your own domain ?

I own a domain name, but do not know how to use it for email without paying for a web host. Is there some way to use gmail to do this ?

billh491
Portland, CT

billh491 to Chick

to Chick

Re: How to Send Email From Your Own Domain?

Well that all depends on what you bought if all you got was a domain name best to head back to where you got the domain name and see what services they offer.

I have Hover.com they charge about 35 bucks a year and they have an email server where my mail is stored and they allow me to point my domain where ever I want they do not provide any hosting.