This is a sub-selection from ultra tv

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain to Just_Dan

Anon

to Just_Dan

Re: ultra tv

said by Just_Dan:

We want to make sure we can deliver the kind of experience our customers expect from WOW! so we’re proceeding carefully with Ultra TV, making it available on a very limited basis to customers on the waitlist. As soon as our employees and customers tell us it’s ready, we’ll be making Ultra TV available to anyone that can get WOW! service.

But a new customer can call and schedule installation within two weeks or so? Maybe current customers should cancel and then sign up again. Might be faster.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by troubleagain :

But a new customer can call and schedule installation within two weeks or so? Maybe current customers should cancel and then sign up again. Might be faster.

The waiting list is new customers as well as existing customers. It's done on a first come first served basis.

checksignal
@wideopenwest.com

checksignal

Anon

Let me just tell you guys with the amps that they can not be used with ultra tv. They are going to put a moca filter on your line, split it like a regular modem and the gateway will back feed at around 1.2 ghz through your existing splitters but the amps for ultra cannot be used. They can be used on non ultra tvs.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

If you're alluding to the fact that the commonly available amps can't be used in a MoCA configuration, then I partially agree with you since the MoCA signal can't travel backwards through an amp. But it depends on where those amps are placed in relation to your MoCA equipment. My amps are placed directly behind the equipment that needs to be amped and none of the equipment is related to my MoCA equipment.

I doubt the Ultra system is too far removed from the above. And it's possible to purchase amps (although they are expensive) that will pass MoCA frequencies.
richkut
join:2012-02-10
Cleveland, OH

richkut to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
First of all, keep in mind that I am in a suburb of Cleveland (South Euclid) that just got WOW service back around last October, shortly after the city was wired. So demand here is not nearly as much as it is in established places where everyone already is familiar with WOW. Also note that Cleveland not only is smaller than Chicago, but WOW has less of a presence here than there. Secondly, I am working with a great sales rep, who not only takes care of her customers' installation needs but also has given me prices below what is posted on their web site. My guess is that many of you are going online rather than calling. Try working with a local rep and see if things change for the better.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7

said by richkut:

First of all, keep in mind that I am in a suburb of Cleveland (South Euclid) that just got WOW service back around last October, shortly after the city was wired. So demand here is not nearly as much as it is in established places where everyone already is familiar with WOW. Also note that Cleveland not only is smaller than Chicago, but WOW has less of a presence here than there. Secondly, I am working with a great sales rep, who not only takes care of her customers' installation needs but also has given me prices below what is posted on their web site. My guess is that many of you are going online rather than calling. Try working with a local rep and see if things change for the better.

Since you are a new customer, you will be offered discounts to get you. We must call in order to upgrade and they are not allowed to give us ANY discounts. I was told that it took Arris 600 million USD to develop the Whole Home Solution and much of that was pushed to WOW!. They took as much of it as possible, but was not going to go bankrupt to do this and had to push a small amount to customers.

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain to richkut

Anon

to richkut
said by richkut:

Secondly, I am working with a great sales rep, who not only takes care of her customers' installation needs but also has given me prices below what is posted on their web site. My guess is that many of you are going online rather than calling. Try working with a local rep and see if things change for the better.

If there are local sales reps here I am not aware of them. No real need, we are already customers. I imagine they focus on new markets.

Nothing wrong with new customers getting good prices, but the existing customers shouldn't have to give up discounts we have earned and ultimately pay more than new customers.
TelecomJunky
join:2010-02-22
Columbus, OH

TelecomJunky

If you're getting pushed to the new customer pricing when you upgrade than everyone is on the same page (as far as pricing goes). You won't pay more than new customers but you won't be paying less than them (as you may have been now).

If you want to know what a new customer would pay for your package just check out the website - all current prices are listed there. Keep in mind that those prices do NOT include the cost of a

The discounts my parents have on their WOW! account make their package cost way less than it would for a brand new customer.

As far as I'm concerned UTV is $20.00/mth because the previous $5.00/mth modem rental is included with the $25.00 Ultra TV cost...

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain

Anon

said by TelecomJunky:

If you're getting pushed to the new customer pricing when you upgrade than everyone is on the same page (as far as pricing goes). You won't pay more than new customers but you won't be paying less than them (as you may have been now).

If you want to know what a new customer would pay for your package just check out the website - all current prices are listed there. Keep in mind that those prices do NOT include the cost of a

The discounts my parents have on their WOW! account make their package cost way less than it would for a brand new customer.

As far as I'm concerned UTV is $20.00/mth because the previous $5.00/mth modem rental is included with the $25.00 Ultra TV cost...

I know what new customers are paying for their package. I'm paying the same. And then (just like your parents) I get discounts for being a long time customer.

Do your parents want to add Ultra TV? Then they will LOSE their discounts. So the ultimate cost of Ultra TV will be $25 (or $20 if that's how you want to view it) PLUS their lost discounts.

In my case it will more than double the actual Ultra TV cost. For some that may be fine. Not for me. It's about the cost, but it's also about WOW saying long time customers have to give up discounts to add a service.