said by prospector00: said by e204 :
So has anyone on here installed yet? Lets here about it!! I love it!!
I had Ultra TV installed yesterday. The techs did a great job and everything is working fine. I'm going to wait a day or two to play around with and learn all the features before I post more thoughts. I am very non-technical, but I can tell you that the techs were able to set up Home Connect for me without having to download any programs. I have a fairly new computer running Windows 7. And the Home Connect is working, I've already accessed pictures and music from my computer. More later.
Here are some observations from a day of playing around with Ultra TV:
So far what I like most:
- the ability to customize my channel list so I don't have to surf through channels I don't watch or don't subscribe to*
- the ability to set both default and show-specific adjustments to recording times, i.e 'start the recording one minute early' and (for you fans of The Office) 'stop the recording two minutes late' - will also be great for recording The Amazing Race during football season ('stop the recording one hour late')
- the ability to control my DVR recording remotely through the internet
- the abililty to access the music and pictures on my computer and play them on my TV
- being able to see upcoming shows for each channel as I scroll through the channels**
So far what I'm not crazy about:
- *please also give us the ability to skip the VOD channels on the channel list. If I want to access VOD, I'll do it on the screen dedicated to VOD, I don't need a separate channel for on demand sports, another for on demand music, another for on demand movies, etc
- **I realize a lot of people are sitting five feet away from 55-inch screens nowadays, but I'm sitting at a more traditional twelve feet away from a 37-inch screen, and I find some of the fonts a little bit frustratingly small. I think my biggest gripe (and suggestion) is the fact that so many things are "grayed out" - for instance the upcoming three shows next to the current show on the flip bar. They're very, very small to begin with, why gray them out until they are right-arrowed over to? Some of the design here seems more oriented toward a computer screen right in front of a person than a monitor across the room
Overall, great improvement that brings us loyal customers on even footing with the competition. No longer will friends come over and laugh at my antiquated cable TV! THANKS WOW!