All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Wartrace
join:2009-03-07
Wartrace, TN

Wartrace

Verizon is the most reliable network my butt.....(3G)

Yesterday I was seeing speeds of 1000kbps, this morning I am seeing speeds above. This is not a "tower loading" issue, it is a network issue.

If I have days that I can consistently see speeds of 800 to 1000kbps and then the very next day never see speeds above 250kbps it isn't tower load.

If I could ever get a consistent speed of what they advertise I SHOULD see (600kbps) I would be a satisifed customer. When they can not provide this minimum level of service it becomes a problem.

Verixon- YOU SUCK. The only reliable thing about your service is the monthy bill.

defiant8
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI

defiant8

Just curious, how are you convinced that this is a "network issue"? By no means is any throughput guaranteed. There could be any number of issues, which is out of their control, that can negatively affect your data rate.

Have you tried different speedtest servers? If you can reproduce the results on other servers, have you called support?

I know your frustrated, but making the blanket statement that their service sucks (in general) is not accurate as many other customers are quite satisfied with their service.
Wartrace
Wartrace, TN

Wartrace

Yesterday I was seeing 1000kbps+ This is what I am seeing today.

"Beyond their control? They are offering a service. EVERTHING is within their control, THEIR SERVICE is not delivering as promised.

defiant8
Monroe, MI

defiant8

So, you're having one day of issues and now everything has gone to hell?

Sorry, but it's the truth, they can't control EVERYTHING between the tower and your device. Sure, they can make adjustments and tweaks, but you need to call in and make it known that you are having issues so they can do something about it.
Wartrace
Wartrace, TN

Wartrace

Actually this has been an issue since September of 2011, it had been showing some improvement but it is now back in the crapper. The problem is I am in a rural area with no other options. It seems as though they aren't all that concerned with providing service levels they agcertise when their customers have no other options. Yes I have called tech support.....any times.

defiant8
Monroe, MI

defiant8

You could try to reach out to their social media team on Twitter @VZWSupport.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Wartrace

Premium Member

to Wartrace
I have slow 3G as well. I can't do anything on with my 4S over 3G
Jeffrey
join:2002-09-30
Gaffney, SC

Jeffrey to Wartrace

to Wartrace
What data plan do you have because it looks like you're being throttled?

soiamsam
@myvzw.com

soiamsam to Wartrace

Anon

to Wartrace
We have a MiFi 2200OTA that we run on Evdo signal between 500 KBps to 800 KBps and are in a fringe area at 3000 feet in western NC facing south toward TN. We have an ant and amp. Last July, Aug and Sept we could hardly get on line at all. It perked back up in Oct. Leaves and humidity could explain lack of ability to connect. Were doing fine until yesterday when 2 of our 4 computers that we can run at same time on the MiFi suddenly were not able to talk to the MiFi. Other two were fine. All different makes of computers. Went on all day trying various things that the techs always tell you to do when you call them and still same thing. This morning we turn them on and all are talking to the MiFi but now we are receiving a 1XRTT signal and no EVDO signal. It's so slow that it was like dial up at 119/48 kbps. To our knowledge, we have never been able to run on 1XRTT when we could not get the EVDO signal. We just couldn't run, period.
Any thoughts or similar things happening or am I the only MiFi 2200 user.
AlmontJohn
join:2011-01-27

AlmontJohn to Wartrace

to Wartrace
I am having similar issues. Since last fall, I could only get good speeds (at best around 900k) in the middle of the night. Sometimes. Most weekdays my speeds would drop at 1-3pm from 400k to 33k or less. Connection bars dropped randomly. Router showed no recieve packets. Had to disconnect/reconnect often. Then around 11pm speeds would go back up. Weekends were a crapshoot all day. Tried external antennas, etc, but my signal was as good as it would get. It's not throttling as I asked Verizon and we only occasionally go over 5g.

The thing is, I was quite happy with the service until 4g rolled out in the area. That's when things went down the tubes. So I've switched to Wildblue. Speeds are no better (though I may upgrade to their new 12M service) and it takes time to get used to the latencey, but at least it's much more consistant, always usable, and I can work from home again.

It's hard to dump an unlimited 3g, but it's just not usable anymore.
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge to Wartrace

Premium Member

to Wartrace
said by Wartrace:

....When they can not provide this minimum level of service it becomes a problem

First of all minimum level of service is 1xRtt. Second they don't guarantee any speeds at all. Third, did you even call them to find out? For all you know your phone is defective or considering it's an iPhone, maybe you are holding it wrong (sorry couldn't resist)
Wartrace
Wartrace, TN

Wartrace to AlmontJohn

to AlmontJohn
Sounds exactly like my problems. I am not being throttled. I tried satilite (WildBlue) for a while but the latency will not work for my needs. I do a lot of WebeX support and I need the low latency.
Wartrace

Wartrace to Dodge

to Dodge
I am on a first name basis with the tech support people. They have no answers for me. If the device were defective I would unlikely be seeing good speeds occasionally. I am using a USB device in a fixed location with an amp and a Yagi. My signal is -69dbm.
Verizon advertising says they deliver speeds over 600kbps. I say "on a good day". If they are only going to provide 1/5th of that speed. I can understand the occasional network problem but this has been going on for MONTHS now and they have not responded to my complaints. It is to the point there is NO reliability. Disconnects and slow speeds make this service utterly useless.