88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to DataRiker

to DataRiker

Re: BitTorrent Piracy Doesn146;t Affect US Box Office Returns

said by DataRiker:

said by fiberguy2:

You're right.. and if you steal that TV set from Best Buy but never watch it, or intend to watch it, then you're not hurting anyone either, right?

Seriously, where do you guys come up with this crap-logic?

So your equating copy and paste with stealing a DVD out of a store?

I think you need to study a bit of logic yourself.

In fact equating replication with stealing opens all kinds of contradictions.

Ok how about sneaking into a movie theater without paying? nothing is getting stolen in that case either. You're just viewing content without paying for it. So basically same thing as downloadling so it should be ok then in your opinion.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by 88615298:

said by DataRiker:

said by fiberguy2:

You're right.. and if you steal that TV set from Best Buy but never watch it, or intend to watch it, then you're not hurting anyone either, right?

Seriously, where do you guys come up with this crap-logic?

So your equating copy and paste with stealing a DVD out of a store?

I think you need to study a bit of logic yourself.

In fact equating replication with stealing opens all kinds of contradictions.

Ok how about sneaking into a movie theater without paying? nothing is getting stolen in that case either. You're just viewing content without paying for it. So basically same thing as downloadling so it should be ok then in your opinion.

Seriously,... no one can help you with your lack of education but yourself. You're clearly making stuff up to suit your own needs as you go along here.. again, you may think you live in a more perfect world and that you're some kind of rebel to be someone's hero for, but you're not. What you are is ill informed of the law.

Theft does not only apply to things you can touch and hold in your hand. OUR LAWS have established that intellectual property is able to be stolen as well. You're SERIOUSLY reaching here to try to make your point some how seem logical. But, in short, you're wrong.

The theft here is viewing the product with out paying for it. The "theft" may not be anything you can take with you, but it's what you failed to LEAVE BEHIND, which was your cover, your toll, your money in short.

So in your mind it must also be okay to cross a bridge with out paying a toll (I'd love to see you try that one) or to enter into an amusement park by crashing the gate (I suppose that's not theft either) or going into a rock concert with out paying.. also, I DARE you to try and get on an airplane with out paying for the ticket. PLEASE try that one.

So with the above examples which equate to our favorite topic here, tell me how any of the above is illegal while watching a movie with out paying for it is not?

It's called getting a service with out paying for it.. or in simple terms, it's trade... only YOU failed to trade.

Again as I said, time to grow up and move out of mom's basement and get with the rest of the world.

There is, however, two thoughts mixed up into one here.. Taking a movie with out paying for it is theft.. don't care how you try to skew it up to support your own f'd up way of thinking... but on the other hand there is a consumer backlash against the entertainment industry that feels that the price of movies or how they are sold and able to be used is a problem.. and in some parts I agree.

Movies are not over priced.. $8 to see a movie is nothing.. and please stop blaming hollywood for the price of a bucket of popcorn and medium drink being $14 - that's your theater, not Hollywood. As for the price of a DVD or Bluray movie, sure the prices may be high, but again you're not entitled to be entertained at a bargain price.. so don't' buy them. People say that hollywood charges too much and squanders in the face of the people.. introducing YouTube.. people have an ability to produce their own stuff.. I rarely today see people investing millions into producing top quality movies, and if they, or you, did, I"m sure you'd understand the point behind hollywood's battle against priates..

However, once I purchase a movie, it should be mine to use how I want in my own home - and that's where it ends.. in my home. It's still not mine to put on the internet.. but I should be able to stream it to myself anywhere I am and it's none of their business.. The problem is that people, such as yourself, can't respect that and stop there.. so here we are.

The more you guys try to push this idea, the more they're going to come back with PIPA and SOPA..

... YOU and your kind are to thank for this. Applaud yourself.

And do yourself a favor and please, don't ever try to use reverse psychology on me with your brand of logic because it makes me sick. I don't subscribe to your logic or theories.. so spare me the "so then X must be okay in your opinion".. I make no bones about it so you have no need to try to twist my opinions to prove my own thoughts wrong.. I am against theft, plain and simple. When I want a movie, I buy it. When I want a song, I buy it.. I don't go on line and steal it. If everyone believed as you, then there would be no entertainment industry for you to steal from anymore. got it? But I'm sure in your mind it's okay because there are still enough suckers out there paying,... so you don't have to.

Plain and simple, you're and those like you are thieves..
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by fiberguy2:

Seriously,... no one can help you with your lack of education but yourself. You're clearly making stuff up to suit your own needs as you go along here.. again, you may think you live in a more perfect world and that you're some kind of rebel to be someone's hero for, but you're not. What you are is ill informed of the law.

Theft does not only apply to things you can touch and hold in your hand. OUR LAWS have established that intellectual property is able to be stolen as well. You're SERIOUSLY reaching here to try to make your point some how seem logical. But, in short, you're wrong.

The theft here is viewing the product with out paying for it. The "theft" may not be anything you can take with you, but it's what you failed to LEAVE BEHIND, which was your cover, your toll, your money in short.

So in your mind it must also be okay to cross a bridge with out paying a toll (I'd love to see you try that one) or to enter into an amusement park by crashing the gate (I suppose that's not theft either) or going into a rock concert with out paying.. also, I DARE you to try and get on an airplane with out paying for the ticket. PLEASE try that one.

So with the above examples which equate to our favorite topic here, tell me how any of the above is illegal while watching a movie with out paying for it is not?

It's called getting a service with out paying for it.. or in simple terms, it's trade... only YOU failed to trade.

Again as I said, time to grow up and move out of mom's basement and get with the rest of the world.

There is, however, two thoughts mixed up into one here.. Taking a movie with out paying for it is theft.. don't care how you try to skew it up to support your own f'd up way of thinking... but on the other hand there is a consumer backlash against the entertainment industry that feels that the price of movies or how they are sold and able to be used is a problem.. and in some parts I agree.

Movies are not over priced.. $8 to see a movie is nothing.. and please stop blaming hollywood for the price of a bucket of popcorn and medium drink being $14 - that's your theater, not Hollywood. As for the price of a DVD or Bluray movie, sure the prices may be high, but again you're not entitled to be entertained at a bargain price.. so don't' buy them. People say that hollywood charges too much and squanders in the face of the people.. introducing YouTube.. people have an ability to produce their own stuff.. I rarely today see people investing millions into producing top quality movies, and if they, or you, did, I"m sure you'd understand the point behind hollywood's battle against priates..

However, once I purchase a movie, it should be mine to use how I want in my own home - and that's where it ends.. in my home. It's still not mine to put on the internet.. but I should be able to stream it to myself anywhere I am and it's none of their business.. The problem is that people, such as yourself, can't respect that and stop there.. so here we are.

The more you guys try to push this idea, the more they're going to come back with PIPA and SOPA..

... YOU and your kind are to thank for this. Applaud yourself.

And do yourself a favor and please, don't ever try to use reverse psychology on me with your brand of logic because it makes me sick. I don't subscribe to your logic or theories.. so spare me the "so then X must be okay in your opinion".. I make no bones about it so you have no need to try to twist my opinions to prove my own thoughts wrong.. I am against theft, plain and simple. When I want a movie, I buy it. When I want a song, I buy it.. I don't go on line and steal it. If everyone believed as you, then there would be no entertainment industry for you to steal from anymore. got it? But I'm sure in your mind it's okay because there are still enough suckers out there paying,... so you don't have to.

Plain and simple, you're and those like you are thieves..

Excuse me by why are you saying all this stuff to ME? Seriously why are you bashing ME? I'm anti-pirate if you actually READ what I wrote.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2
"... YOU and your kind are to thank for this. Applaud yourself."

Are you even reading my posts? WHERE did I ever say that I was downloading content? WHERE did I endorse it? You keep saying that I am downloading content when I am not. You keep accusing me of using bittorrent or getting content through other illegal means.

At no time did I say that I was doing anything of the such. Those were examples (remember the pesky word "IF") that lead up to my statement that the stats given by both sides are pretty much bullshit.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
Me thinks I hit reply to the wrong part of the threat.. my mistake.. sorry B.
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13 to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

Movies are not over priced.. $8 to see a movie is nothing.. and please stop blaming hollywood for the price of a bucket of popcorn and medium drink being $14 - that's your theater, not Hollywood.

Well, at least on that part, Hollywood can be to blame because they do not share enough profit from the new releases with the theaters that they are shown in. I think the business model is something like, initially almost all of the money goes to Hollywood, and as time goes on more of the money goes to the theater (usually around the time that everybody who wanted to see the movie has already seen it). So the theaters have to charge high prices for concessions just to cover the costs of staying in business, since they're not making any money selling those overpriced tickets.