Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sears

join:2008-02-17

1 edit
reply to randomgdude

Re: [DSL] Billing system snafu?

I don't really understand this charge adjustment. Why am I paying for a full month at the new rate of 34.99 and then another 1.77 charge adjustment? How does that make sense? Shouldn't the first month be the old rate of $31.95 plus the 1.77 charge adjustment to the new rate?

I mean the new rate is 34.99 per month and I'm charged 36.76 pre tax? My bill is up about $5.50 this month for a price increase that was supposed to be $3.

vintagewino

join:2003-07-22
Grimsby, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
As I said to hhpeter, it's the difference from Feb 2nd to your February billing date. Sounds like you're date is a bit after mid-month. Something like 10 cents/day plus taxes.

With all these increases, and methods of increases, it just shows TSI's turn to the Dark Side is complete.

NBomb

join:2007-01-23
Etobicoke, ON
reply to randomgdude
Yeah, I'm having issues with this as well. Not only have I not gotten an invoice for feb, but the amount charged to my CC is $4 (over 10%!) higher than normal. I'll be contacting support about this.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by NBomb:

Yeah, I'm having issues with this as well. Not only have I not gotten an invoice for feb, but the amount charged to my CC is $4 (over 10%!) higher than normal. I'll be contacting support about this.

prices did go up starting february.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

eots

join:2003-02-04

1 edit
Check your February invoice carefully, Teksavvy is double dipping on the HST! I was over billed $3.44 because they took the entire previous months payment including HST, then added the difference of the partial month increase in February and charged HST on top of that again! They should have been using the before tax amount and added the partial month increase and then add the HST.

EDIT: Never mind, I called accounting and the February bill will be more expensive than bills going forward from now because there was a retroactive charge for the increase in February for those of us who have our billing dates in the middle of the month.

Zombie999

join:2004-05-04
Toronto, ON
reply to vintagewino
said by vintagewino:

said by hhpeter:

WTF is "Charge Adjustment, Residential - 5M (Feb 2 – Feb 18)" ?
i don't get it

Pretty well what I said (page 1, 5th post). One prepays a month in advance, and they BACKDATE a "charge adjustment". on what was already PREPAID.

I'm not complaining of the amount. It's the PRINCIPLE.

Can't get more Bell-like than that.

+1
They don't seem to understand what PREPAID means.

bbhog

join:2010-07-05
North York, ON
reply to eots
Please show your numbers

eots

join:2003-02-04
They charged me $34.99 + the difference in the rate from Feb 2-12 despite the fact that my previous bill already paid in advance for those dates. They knew well in advance what they were increasing the fees to and should have charged the higher rate for those days on my previous bill. It still looks like double dipping to me when it would have been cheaper to just charge me the higher rate on the previous bill for the 11 days in Feb where the price increased. Technically they billed me twice for Feb 2-12, it's not a huge amount for an individual but multiply that by the many thousands of customers who were billed twice for the first part of February.

redgrandam

join:2010-08-10
London, ON
said by eots:

They charged me $34.99 + the difference in the rate from Feb 2-12 despite the fact that my previous bill already paid in advance for those dates. They knew well in advance what they were increasing the fees to and should have charged the higher rate for those days on my previous bill. It still looks like double dipping to me when it would have been cheaper to just charge me the higher rate on the previous bill for the 11 days in Feb where the price increased. Technically they billed me twice for Feb 2-12, it's not a huge amount for an individual but multiply that by the many thousands of customers who were billed twice for the first part of February.

Except you weren't actually billed twice. Well you were but the amount charged (should be) the difference in the old price plan and the new one.

This is where pre paying is confusing. I changed my package 2 days into my prepaid month, thinking they would do it at the end of the billing period. Nope! So I had to call and ask for a credit. No problem, but a minor inconvenience.

Sears

4 edits
reply to vintagewino
said by vintagewino:

As I said to hhpeter, it's the difference from Feb 2nd to your February billing date. Sounds like you're date is a bit after mid-month. Something like 10 cents/day plus taxes.

With all these increases, and methods of increases, it just shows TSI's turn to the Dark Side is complete.

That would make sense if the base rate was the old fee + the pro rated new fee, but that's not the case.

Why would I be billed pro rated from the 2nd of Feb to my billing date when I'm already being charged the new rate of 34.99 in full?

So I'm paying the new full new rate of 34.99, plus a pro rated fee from Feb 2nd to my billing date of the 19th, why?

bbhog

join:2010-07-05
North York, ON
Sears, it's because we are pre-paying.
The new full rate you are paying is for Feb 20 till March 19th.
The pro-rated fee is the adjustment for your Jan 20 till Feb 19th that you already paid.

Sears

1 edit
said by bbhog:

Sears, it's because we are pre-paying.
The new full rate you are paying is for Feb 20 till March 19th.
The pro-rated fee is the adjustment for your Jan 20 till Feb 19th that you already paid.

Okay that makes sense, thanks for the explanation. It's odd that they can charge an additional fee for something that has already been paid in advance though, doesn't seem ethical. Is it even legal to change the price of a pre paid service retroactively?

Maybe I'm just dense, but Tek really should have been much clearer regarding the new fees and additional charges.