Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

It might finally be here...

Winter, that is! Cold, blowing, snowing... maybe 3-4" on the ground with another 2-4" forecast for overnight. Overall, a pretty nasty day. I didn't even go out to clean the drives today. I usually do a couple of the neighbors' drives as long as I have my Cub/Blower fired up, but the wind, today, made it pretty miserable to be outside. Guess I'll wait to see what it's like tomorrow.

For all those folks who wondered where winter was... it's right outside my window!!!
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Same here. I hate this stuff !
Son came over yesterday afternoon and plowed driveway and shovelled path from garage to my backdoor. Not planning on going anywhere at all.
Oh yeah, city trucks plowed 2x in the late afternoon...was quite shocked to see them.
predicted scattered flurries and snow showers and winds 20-30mph that could gust up to 40mph. Blowing snow in my backyard area is at least 3' or more...some areas is 1/2 way up the 7' fence...those areas would be great sledding for squirrels and other animals !
--
Lonnie

Jtmo
Premium
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA
reply to Pacrat

This thread is useless without pictures.....

LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH

sorry, but I don't have a camera and I refuse to use my cellphone to take pictures!
--
Lonnie

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Pacrat

It's actually not too bad today! I think we got about 5" on the ground overnight. I went out and did the drives this morning, as the wind was almost non-existent and the temperature was around 20F. With my heavy coat on and my insulated work-pants I was almost too warm with just the activity of operating the Cub/blower. I did several drives just to make getting dressed worthwhile. The snow was actually pretty heavy, considering how cold it really was. I thought it was much warmer than it really was. It was good to get out and get some fresh air though. The streets have been plowed and for the most part are just wet, with a few "slushy" spots where they didn't bother to spread any salt. The intersections are all well-cleared and just wet.

If this winter doesn't get any worse than it's been so far, I wont be disappointed. Although, I did talk to a guy at the gas station this morning who makes a good portion of his living by plowing snow in the winter and he's losing his shirt, considering the investment he has in his HD 4WD pcikup truck and Western plow. He was not a happy camper at all.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
reply to Pacrat

Hmmm....from the title of this thread, I thought the answer was going to be a RAMS winning season!
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!