uniqs
share rss forum feed

eboxnat

join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC
kudos:6
reply to saitoh183

Re: Thomson DCM475 problem **Speedcable 30**

Just a quick update on this issue, we were to find a solution for the first few people to come forward, there others are still being worked on but should be resolved in the next few days.
Please be sure that if your cable service was affected you contact us and provide an account number so we can follow up.

zadigre

join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by eboxnat:

Just a quick update on this issue, we were to find a solution for the first few people to come forward, there others are still being worked on but should be resolved in the next few days.
Please be sure that if your cable service was affected you contact us and provide an account number so we can follow up.

à date, comme me l'a mentionné Jean-Philippe par email, je n'ai pas eu de problème de déconnexion depuis le 10 Février, date à laquelle Vidéotron a supposément modifié quelque chose dans le UBR (ce qui contrôle les modems câbles dans mon secteur)...

à part le soir où il y a quelques ralentissement, je n'ai pas d'autre problèmes...

saitoh183
Premium
join:2012-01-08
Saint-Eustache, QC
reply to saitoh183

Good to hear there is a solution in place

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC
reply to saitoh183

C'est fou... pour les problemes compliquer le support de Ebox semblent tellement meilleur que celui de videotron!

J'ai du me battre pendant des semaines pour que videotron reconaissent un probleme de congestion dans mon secteur.... et j'ai passer plusieurs dizaines de fois par: redemarrer votre modem, est vous avec un routeur sans fil, desactiver votre par feu etc......

k2000

join:2011-01-27
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC

said by xcimo:

C'est fou... pour les problemes compliquer le support de Ebox semblent tellement meilleur que celui de videotron!

J'ai du me battre pendant des semaines pour que videotron reconaissent un probleme de congestion dans mon secteur.... et j'ai passer plusieurs dizaines de fois par: redemarrer votre modem, est vous avec un routeur sans fil, desactiver votre par feu etc......

Tes avec Ebox ou Videotron ?

zadigre

Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to saitoh183

mon modem DCM475 a reçu un update de firmware il y a deux jours... et toujours depuis le 10 février, je n'ai pas de problème de déconnexion...
On dirait bien que Vidéotron à trouvé et réglé le problème que certaines personnes avait avec le DCM475.

saitoh183
Premium
Saint-Eustache, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by zadigre:

mon modem DCM475 a reçu un update de firmware il y a deux jours... et toujours depuis le 10 février, je n'ai pas de problème de déconnexion...
On dirait bien que Vidéotron à trouvé et réglé le problème que certaines personnes avait avec le DCM475.

Je vien de checker aussi et le firmware est rendu a 55.04. À date la dernière déconnexion remote au 15 feb à 2h15am...probablement l'heure à laquelle j'ai eu le upgrade de firmware.

zadigre

Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by saitoh183:

said by zadigre:

Je vien de checker aussi et le firmware est rendu a 55.04. À date la dernière déconnexion remote au 15 feb à 2h15am...probablement l'heure à laquelle j'ai eu le upgrade de firmware.

c'est pas mal dans ces alentours là que j'ai eu un reboot aussi...

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
reply to saitoh183

I just had a quick disconnect, I checked the modem and I am at version 55.01. Should it update automatically?

Nothing showed up in the log as to why I dc'ed

saitoh183
Premium
Saint-Eustache, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by Dunlop:

I just had a quick disconnect, I checked the modem and I am at version 55.01. Should it update automatically?

Nothing showed up in the log as to why I dc'ed

Call Ebox and ask them if its related...you can mention the ticket # in this thread maybe

Dunlop

I'll keep track of it for the next day or so, to see if it reoccurs

WildChild

join:2006-09-08
Quebec, QC
reply to Dunlop

It seems Videotron does update the firmware. Mine is now at version STAC.55.04. Got an update 2 days ago.

Malbojia

join:2006-05-25
CANADA
reply to saitoh183

My modem received the firmware update yesterday to STAC.55.04
Also notice there's a new option. The Initial Scan page where where you can set the frequency and channel for setup.

Will see if it's stable during the day while I'm remoting to my machine.

Dunlop

was the update automatic or did you report a problem?

WildChild

join:2006-09-08
Quebec, QC

Automatic

irepressed

join:2006-02-13
South Shore
reply to saitoh183

Guys, check out this post, I had the same issue as you, and it was caused by incorrect load balancing from Videotron.

»Thomson modem with blinking lights

Only thing is, I still get a lot of packet loss and will have to follow up on that as sometimes, it's 100 packet loss for 5 to 10 seconds, which is to me, the same as the modem losing its connection.

I'll keep you updated.

irepressed

South Shore
reply to saitoh183

As per today, I am unable to obtain my whole 60mbps, I cannot get it higher than 28mbps, but upload wise, it still goes up to 3mbps. I also get some high latency (250ms) about every 2 minute and the internet in general seems so slooooooowwwwwww.

I'm still getting frequent errors from the modem, mostly this one now:
Map Reject - Downstream Traffic Flow Not Mapped to BPI+ SAID...

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

Gatineau, QC
reply to saitoh183

Been said many times... Ebox pipe gets saturated at prime internet usage time... Upgrade is on the way..

Errors are something that exist in every system, however if they affect the reliability/performance it's an issue, otherwise it might be perfectly normal.

Wait until the pipe gets upgraded, to see if everything is smooth if not, then call support.

irepressed

South Shore

said by xcimo:

Been said many times... Ebox pipe gets saturated at prime internet usage time... Upgrade is on the way..

Errors are something that exist in every system, however if they affect the reliability/performance it's an issue, otherwise it might be perfectly normal.

Wait until the pipe gets upgraded, to see if everything is smooth if not, then call support.

Well, pardon my ignorance, but I haven't been here "many times", so I must have missed the part where my connection would drop to half its speed at peak time.

Errors are something that do exist in every system, I know that, but 100 packet loss at least twice per hour is not what I call "perfectly normal".

I will give them another call for sure.

Dunlop

I would definately call them, you should be getting the connection you paid for at all times.

If we wanted out speed cut in half during peak times you could save a lot of money and go with Acanac

um no

@videotron.ca
reply to xcimo

said by xcimo:

eh, what?

No. No, it has not been stated many times that Ebox is completely congested at peak times. If this is the case they should have a stop sell and not take more orders to make it even worse.

If this is true, then Ebox really pulled one over on people in order to take advantage of them.

And, no. "Errors" like this are *not* normal. What rock did you climb out from under to make these declarations?

Why doesn't Ebox make a topic and state their internet is overly congested? And what are all these errors?

Dunlop

I don't think one person having speed issues means there is company wide congestion. I have no speed issues
They have been clear on their strategy to prevent that.

eboxnat

join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC
kudos:6
reply to um no

said by um no :

said by xcimo:

eh, what?

No. No, it has not been stated many times that Ebox is completely congested at peak times. If this is the case they should have a stop sell and not take more orders to make it even worse.

If this is true, then Ebox really pulled one over on people in order to take advantage of them.

And, no. "Errors" like this are *not* normal. What rock did you climb out from under to make these declarations?

Why doesn't Ebox make a topic and state their internet is overly congested? And what are all these errors?

Congestion is not affecting all of our clients, it is not because we have oversold, it is because Videotron has Limited our current 1g to 500mbps.

This was something that we caught within a few days and are currently waiting on them to remove that limit. They originally provided us an ETA of feb 20th for this "upgrade".

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

Gatineau, QC
reply to um no

said by um no :

said by xcimo:

eh, what?

They do have a topic here: »CABLE port capacity

It should be resolved next week, then if your still experiencing slowdown then contact them.