Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[TiVo] Both TiVo boxes are tiling.

I am having signal issues with both of my TiVo boxes (tiling and freezing) and Comcast is playing the "blame customer owned equipment game". I have had techs out and they can't seem to find any issues and they've had line techs out. The fact that both units are acting up points the finger at Comcast. I got a call stating that they have found no further issues with the service.

What could be some possible causes of tiling/freezing on a CableCard. I have had numerous techs out and I am also noted some signal fluctuations (see my thread in the Comcast HSI forum). I am just trying to find out a cause.
--
All of my CPE (including my EMTA) is customer owned. The only Comcast owned equipment in my house is the CableCards in the two TiVO boxes I own.

defiant
MVM
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI
kudos:2
Does the Tivo have the capability of showing tuner diagnostics? Signal level, SNR, etc?

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to IowaCowboy
+3 to 0 on your modem is not flucuations, its normal....cable properties change with temperature...
--
I'm better than you!

defiant
MVM
Monroe, MI
reply to IowaCowboy
Also, to be more precise, what would be causing the tiling/freezing on the tuners of your Tivos. The fact that they have CableCards is really a non-factor. They only provide addressability and decryption.
--
Employee of Charter Communications. The views and opinions expressed in the post above may not reflect those of my employer.

defiant
MVM
Monroe, MI
reply to IowaCowboy
Are they tiling on all channels or specific ones?
Expand your moderator at work

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: [TiVo] Both TiVo boxes are tiling.

I have been getting similar issues on my Tivo S3 (The one that can only use S card's in pairs), diagnostics here say signals are 95 to 97 (they rate signals on a 100 maxium scale), been happening a lot recently on higher frequency channel groupings

defiant
MVM
Monroe, MI
Nothing in dBmv format?

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to defiant
said by defiant:

Does the Tivo have the capability of showing tuner diagnostics? Signal level, SNR, etc?

Yes.

1) tune the TiVo to the channels you want to take signal measurements for.

2) go to TiVo Central

3) Messages and Settings

4) Account and System Information

5) DVR Diagnostics

You will see signal diagnostics for the two tuners in the TiVo

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to defiant
Signal strength is displayed in a 0 to 100 scale format, no dBmV format.

SNR is displayed in dB format.

Here is more info:

»support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/150