All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
rhdcheme
join:2006-11-18
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme to claibourne

to claibourne

Re: Actiontec MI424WR Router Revision I - bug/problem ?!

Claibourne,

The only problem is that the WNDR4500 is not the only Netgear router with the connect/disconnect, DNS, etc. problems. I know for a fact that the WNDR3700 suffers from the same and they have issued a beta firmware for that too. Not so sure about the WNDR3800 though.

Mystiky4
join:2006-03-15
New York, NY

Mystiky4

said by rhdcheme:

Claibourne,

The only problem is that the WNDR4500 is not the only Netgear router with the connect/disconnect, DNS, etc. problems. I know for a fact that the WNDR3700 suffers from the same and they have issued a beta firmware for that too. Not so sure about the WNDR3800 though.

Agreed. But most of these DNS issues are not when the WNDR4500 (or the WNDR3800) is running in AP Mode. And curiously again, my internet does not go 100% down. It works about 10% of the time. Meaning, pages load 1 time out of 10 retries.

My "hope" is that since Rev E has been out for so long, that Netgear might be more "user-friendly" to it than Rev. I.
claibourne
join:2011-07-04
Garland, TX

claibourne to rhdcheme

to rhdcheme
said by rhdcheme:

Claibourne,

True, but he's got the 3800 on hand, and doesn't want to give up his 5ghz capability. There's a chance (remote?) that the problem is 4500-specific, so it's worth a shot. If the problem persists with the 3800, I think he needs to go back to the "standard" VZ-supported config and leave the secondary routers out of the equation.

Or, based on your experience, go buy an E4200 or some other brand with dual-band, and see what happens.