Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium Member
join:2000-04-13
West Brookfield, MA

sgarrand

Premium Member

[MLB] Yahoo Fantasy Baseball anyone?

Hello All,

I know a little while ago there was a member starting an MLB.com fantasy league. I prefer Yahoo and they just opened up for the 2012 season. I've been trying hard to find people to take it seriously enough and I admire the sports fans in this forum. Hopefully a few of you would like to join me. If not, that's fine too.

Edit: Oh yeah. If you DO want to join, let me know in this thread or in an IM.

Scott

LoPhatPhuud
MVM
join:2002-01-06
Albuquerque, NM

LoPhatPhuud

MVM

I'm in, again.

sgarrand
Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium Member
join:2000-04-13
West Brookfield, MA

sgarrand

Premium Member

PM sent. Thanks for joining.

Scott
sgarrand

1 edit

sgarrand

Premium Member

So far we have 4, ideally would like to get 12. Seems as if the MLB.com one filled or is very close to it. I have been doing fantasy baseball for 10+ years (before it was online). It will be a good time.

Scott
sgarrand

sgarrand

Premium Member

Sorry to keep bumping this but I wanted to mention something unique you'll see in the league settings above. The roster moves deadline is set to "Daily - Today" and what that means is that players can be swapped in at any point on game day before their game starts. Also, free agents can be picked up and used on the same day.

Usually the setting is once a week or "Daily - Tomorrow" meaning that players cannot be swapped in/out of the lineup once the first game has begun. It also means that players picked up cannot be used until the next day. This little addition adds some flexibility and fun to game, in my opinion. You don't find too many leagues with this setting.

Scott
sgarrand

1 edit

sgarrand

Premium Member

Not enough interest, thanks anyway guys. Deleted the league.