Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to navymaverick_t

Premium Member

to navymaverick_t

Re: The Ironman Challenge III

Because the Navy is gay? That's my assumption. You guys are the best Taxi service though.

Semper Fi.

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to navymaverick_t

to navymaverick_t
Honestly, Navy - no need to take this outside - different thread - don't believe there will be a need to continue, not necessary to keep beating a dead horse.

I'm seeing this a just another challenge in the Ironman challenge - stand my ground, take on the sparring thrown my way - I don't have potions, or epic gear, I could send my pet - cat - your way, but he's a lover, not a fighter, so I'll just solo this (so to speak) rare spawn. I do believe that my level 24 Iron will trump your protests easily.

Have a good day, and if you should happen to re-spawn, then just know that I'll be ready.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to navymaverick_t

Premium Member

to navymaverick_t
said by navymaverick_t:

Why do guys...

I don't know... why are you constantly clicking "reply OP" for non-OP commentary?

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Immer

to Immer
because i am retarded

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by navymaverick:

because i am retarded

I can live with that...

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to navymaverick

to navymaverick
Doesn't mean I forgive you.

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

/hug ?

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

/handshake

watermaster
@windstream.net

watermaster to Immer

Anon

to Immer
wha

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to Immer

to Immer
Not much new going on with the Ironman challenge - still just the 8 that have made it to 85; there is another warlock at 84, I believe. FeRhayne will hit 26 tonight.
I've found that I take her out for a short while each day, don't push my luck - if the quest is orange/yellow, I don't even think about it - stick with the greens.
Kind of funny, the other night in Darkshire, when I tried to get to the flightmaster, there were two HUGE black widow spiders standing on him - unknown level to FeRhayne, no way to click on the guy without attacking the spiders. Pretty sure there was some type of Horde hunter lurking about, waiting to see if anyone turned PvP - not for me. Didn't get this far just to be taken down by another player. Decided that was a good time to log out.
promo0
join:2011-10-25

promo0

said by Rhenai:

Not much new going on with the Ironman challenge - still just the 8 that have made it to 85; there is another warlock at 84, I believe. FeRhayne will hit 26 tonight.
I've found that I take her out for a short while each day, don't push my luck - if the quest is orange/yellow, I don't even think about it - stick with the greens.
Kind of funny, the other night in Darkshire, when I tried to get to the flightmaster, there were two HUGE black widow spiders standing on him - unknown level to FeRhayne, no way to click on the guy without attacking the spiders. Pretty sure there was some type of Horde hunter lurking about, waiting to see if anyone turned PvP - not for me. Didn't get this far just to be taken down by another player. Decided that was a good time to log out.

I saw the same thing happen on my server. I couple of 50+ spiders had somehow grouped at the flight master in Darkshire.....it was funny. Must be a game wide bug.

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

Small update - headcount of those at 85 remains the same - nothing new there; however, if you check the list - and it is either on page 7 or 8 - there is a new contender at level 30.

Please, no applause, just throw $$ - kidding

Yes, FeRhayne made it to 30 last night - on a roll now! Hardly ever see anyone that has Iron or Fe in their name now - just started questing in Stranglethorn. And that brings up a question - I don't want to be in this area, so many of the quests are to hunt/kill animals, and without a skinning talent, this is a waste of my time, gold-wise.

Any suggestions on where I should go instead?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

that's awesome. kudos!
Skittles_t
join:2012-05-03

Skittles_t to Rhenai

to Rhenai
Arathi Highlands is a great place to level as an alternative to STV.

Good luck to you...and grats.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Rhenai

Premium Member

to Rhenai
Arathi, Northern Strangelthorn and Stonetalon Mountains are the only options in the 25-30 range. After that you have Hinterlands, Cape of Strangelthorn, Southern Barrens and Desolace in the 30-35/40 range. All of those have a bunch of animals you could be skinning. Arathi and Northern Strangelthorn are probably equal in the "could be skinning these" category.

Stonetalon, from what I remember, didn't have nearly as many skinnable creatures or quests to go kill x number of animals. Most of the quests there (from Horde side) were building yourself up in the local ranks and progressing a quest chain against the Alliance. I'd suspect there's a similar chain on the other side.

That may be more difficult than it seems because you took control of a vehicle a couple of times (again, I only know the quests from Horde side, Alliance may not use vehicles) and lost some of your abilities like disengage and FD to keep your ass alive. Give Stonetalon a try, it might be what you're looking for.

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

Well, skinning is what I want to avoid - it is a skill, and not allowed in the Ironman Challenge, so I don't want to waste my time questing on animals, as my resources for silvers are limited to really what I search from the kill, or an item that I may be lucky enough to find as a drop.
Again, as part of the Ironman challenge, NO TALENTS are to be used, either.

I need places that are filled with humanoids
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

I know all this, that's why I told you Arathi and Sranglethorn are likely the same, full of animals. You probably don't want either zone, though personally I would just take whatever you can get and not worry about all the potential skin on the ground.

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to Immer

to Immer
I'm getting ready to dust off FeRhayne, I believe I can continue with this - should not really matter that we're headed to a new expansion, as I'm not trying to be a first, just trying to see how far I get - and 31, so far - but, can anyone think of anything that will impact me, as far as soloing, etc? Don't care about the specs and glyph changes, as I cannot use them anyway.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Not having a spec at all might actually remove a lot of your options, as some formerly baseline talents are only from specs and not baseline to the class.

For hunters, I think that only translates to losing Kill Command, which may or may not be relevant.

Also, some talents that used to be in a spec are now baseline. For instance, you get 10% AP at level 39 and Readiness at 60.

EDIT: I know you said you don't care about spec changes, but those changes DO actually impact you because they change the baseline spells

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

"...Don't care about the specs and glyph changes, as I cannot use them anyway."

Part of the Ironman challenge guidelines are - no talents allowed, no glyphs allowed, no speccing allowed

So, so far nothing changes then.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Except that you lose Kill Command, which used to be baseline but now only comes with a spec.

And gain some used-to-be-spec/talents-but-are-now-baseline abilities/buffs.

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

said by Rhenai:

"...Don't care about the specs and glyph changes, as I cannot use them anyway."

Part of the Ironman challenge guidelines are - no talents allowed, no glyphs allowed, no speccing allowed

So, so far nothing changes then.

Nick, see this - can't use them regardless of how much they are changed or not

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

I might be misunderstanding then. I thought you could use baseline spells/skills (e.g. ones available to the class directly). This would include Arcane Shot and Steady Shot for instance. I mean, otherwise it's autoshot to 85 and hooboy. Additionally, in 5.0 you wouldn't have the choice; you just learn all the spells automatically at the appropriate level.

If so, you can use Kill Command today, in a 4.0 world, because all hunters have it without speccing.

Tomorrow, in a 5.0 world, you cannot use Kill Command, because it would only be available to BM specced hunters. If you don't use Kill Command right now, just spamming Arcane Shot, then you might not even notice.

However, if you did use it, it constitutes a change in gameplay related to the talents/specs system, even though you are not choosing (and have not chosen) a spec or any talents.
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Rhenai

Premium Member

to Rhenai
You need to go back and re-read the rules in the first post here. Let me point them out to you:

Spells & Abilities Rules:
7) You may train and use class abilities learned from trainers (including Rogue poisons)
8) No talent points/pet talent points
9) No specialization. No glyphs.

What Nick is trying to point out to you is that abilities previously only available from talents are now going to be available from baseline/trainer. As the rules clearly point out you CAN use them. You seem to be stuck on the spec/glyph change part and overlooking the fact that abilities previously only available with a specific spec (which you couldn't use) are now going to be available as baseline/trainer (which you can use). And there are going to be some reverse changes too potentially leaving you with less available options.

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

I need to go back and re-read the rules? No, I don't think so. I know the rules. Like the back of my hand. I've been living/breathing Ironman.

What I needed to do was not be so narrowly focused on his talking about a talent, but paying more attention to the fact that it was a trainable ability now being changed to a talent.

So in effect, it's a LOSS of an ability I once had, and will no longer be available.

I got it.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
I'm impressed you made it to level 31. I'd be nervous as hell wandering the world

I'm rooting for you!
Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco to Immer

to Immer
Rhenai:

I read the past few posts where someone told you that some changes in 5.0 will change your gameplay, and you seem to not understand. So I want to reiterate.

Abilities of an ironman challenger = all abilities that can be learned from a trainer. So no talents, on use gear, professions.

In 5.0 the abilities that you are allowed to use change.

Some abilities you used to be able to use "Like kill command" will no longer be useable (because to get them you would need to spec) Thats a change.

Some abilities you can't use now (because you would need to spec to get them) will be trainable from your trainer without a spec (IE Baseline, like Arcane Shot). Meaning that one day you will go from not being able to use that ability, to being able to.

The rules say you can not spec. They don't say that you can't use abilities that are now baseline but we're once spec only in a previous patch.

So your statement "can't use them regardless of how much they are changed or not" seems wrong. Because changing them to make them baseline, does definatly mean you CAN use them.