uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Rhenai

Re: The Ironman Challenge III

Except that you lose Kill Command, which used to be baseline but now only comes with a spec.

And gain some used-to-be-spec/talents-but-are-now-baseline abilities/buffs.

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1
reply to Rhenai

said by Rhenai:

"...Don't care about the specs and glyph changes, as I cannot use them anyway."

Part of the Ironman challenge guidelines are - no talents allowed, no glyphs allowed, no speccing allowed

So, so far nothing changes then.

Nick, see this - can't use them regardless of how much they are changed or not
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

I might be misunderstanding then. I thought you could use baseline spells/skills (e.g. ones available to the class directly). This would include Arcane Shot and Steady Shot for instance. I mean, otherwise it's autoshot to 85 and hooboy. Additionally, in 5.0 you wouldn't have the choice; you just learn all the spells automatically at the appropriate level.

If so, you can use Kill Command today, in a 4.0 world, because all hunters have it without speccing.

Tomorrow, in a 5.0 world, you cannot use Kill Command, because it would only be available to BM specced hunters. If you don't use Kill Command right now, just spamming Arcane Shot, then you might not even notice.

However, if you did use it, it constitutes a change in gameplay related to the talents/specs system, even though you are not choosing (and have not chosen) a spec or any talents.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
reply to Rhenai

You need to go back and re-read the rules in the first post here. Let me point them out to you:

Spells & Abilities Rules:
7) You may train and use class abilities learned from trainers (including Rogue poisons)
8) No talent points/pet talent points
9) No specialization. No glyphs.

What Nick is trying to point out to you is that abilities previously only available from talents are now going to be available from baseline/trainer. As the rules clearly point out you CAN use them. You seem to be stuck on the spec/glyph change part and overlooking the fact that abilities previously only available with a specific spec (which you couldn't use) are now going to be available as baseline/trainer (which you can use). And there are going to be some reverse changes too potentially leaving you with less available options.

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1

I need to go back and re-read the rules? No, I don't think so. I know the rules. Like the back of my hand. I've been living/breathing Ironman.

What I needed to do was not be so narrowly focused on his talking about a talent, but paying more attention to the fact that it was a trainable ability now being changed to a talent.

So in effect, it's a LOSS of an ability I once had, and will no longer be available.

I got it.
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to Immer

I'm impressed you made it to level 31. I'd be nervous as hell wandering the world

I'm rooting for you!

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to Immer

Rhenai:

I read the past few posts where someone told you that some changes in 5.0 will change your gameplay, and you seem to not understand. So I want to reiterate.

Abilities of an ironman challenger = all abilities that can be learned from a trainer. So no talents, on use gear, professions.

In 5.0 the abilities that you are allowed to use change.

Some abilities you used to be able to use "Like kill command" will no longer be useable (because to get them you would need to spec) Thats a change.

Some abilities you can't use now (because you would need to spec to get them) will be trainable from your trainer without a spec (IE Baseline, like Arcane Shot). Meaning that one day you will go from not being able to use that ability, to being able to.

The rules say you can not spec. They don't say that you can't use abilities that are now baseline but we're once spec only in a previous patch.

So your statement "can't use them regardless of how much they are changed or not" seems wrong. Because changing them to make them baseline, does definatly mean you CAN use them.