uniqs

Einion
join:2010-02-23
Ringgold, GA

Einion to Immer

to Immer

Re: The Ironman Challenge III

Ironnut - Tauren Pally on Undermine.

I talked several people in my guild to try this. Vent was funny as hell last night listening to people's inital reaction and then interest. Not to mention listening to people panic while getting chased by mobs

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to Thaler

to Thaler
said by Thaler:

This sounds...kinda dumb as hell.

That was my initial thought as well.

A few guildies of mine mentioned it, and we talked about it quite a lot this weekend.

I don't use the word "daunting" much to describe anything relating to WoW, but man, this is one that certainly fits. It's one of the few I've seen in the past number of years that would actually make me apprehensive. I haven't felt that way since the first couple of months ever playing the game.

What's most intriguing about this to me is to quest, something I love to do, with a sense of fear again.
grekan12
join:2011-01-11

grekan12 to Immer

to Immer
So why hasn't anyone just done a DK and deleted their greens at the start? i'd say thats gotta be one on the easiest classes to do this with.

The challenge doesn't say you have to start at level 1, just a new character (unless it says level one in the post links, can't read them at work).

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to Arthritis

to Arthritis
This takes you out of your comfort zone, no doubt. No BoA for your new tune, no best in class gear, enchants, etc. An interesting twist on leveling.

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Immer

to Immer
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! That being said I must say that last night my wife and I went dress shopping for an upcoming formal function. I spent a ot of money on her... does that negate me from more gifts today for the holiday? She is worth it though.

Now for on topic items. I started Darkstark on Sisters of Elune last night. I got 20 minutes before I got bored and purposefully aggroed 4 boars at once to speed things up. 5 minutes later that dead toon was deleted and I rerolled a new toon, same class/race/name but started over. I now am level 6. To add to teh challenge I am going all natural with the exception of my weapon(s). I have the addon outfitter with an outfit for nekkidness and one for whites and grays for some armor.

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis

LOL.

The ultimate ironman goes commando!

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

said by Arthritis:

LOL.

The ultimate ironman goes commando!

Yeah, I figured a Tauren Pally, with the mining/strength upgrade and the skinning/crit thing with heals in the near future will mitigate the need for gear... and clothing.
promo0
join:2011-10-25

promo0

No profs! Except first aid.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

Really!?! Dang!

Well, they are only level 5 or less right now so I will ditch them.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Rhenai

Premium Member

to Rhenai
said by Rhenai:

Does anyone know if the seasonal quests count? Get exp just doing those should be a bit helpful, I would imagine and at a lower level, no risk. Also found out last night that you are not even eligible to add your name to the roster until level 10.

Yes seasonal quests are allowed. And I'm not going to bother adding my toon to the roster till I make it to 20... if I make it to 20
said by grekan12:

So why hasn't anyone just done a DK and deleted their greens at the start? i'd say thats gotta be one on the easiest classes to do this with.

The challenge doesn't say you have to start at level 1, just a new character (unless it says level one in the post links, can't read them at work).

DK's are not allowed (discussed in detail in gchat last night). Remember this is a personal challenge... So you'd only be cheating yourself, but the roster will flag you as a cheater if you roll DK.

I'm on my third toon now. My first (female NELF hunter named Ironfaster) got to lvl 6 when I accidentally pulled a rare elite Furblog that looked like the other furblogs I was hunting, and didn't realize until I was dead.

My second was also a female NELF hunter (named Ironovrmycat) and I got to lvl 15 before I stupidly clicked on a cute cat statue that spawned a lvl 20 ghostsaber. I shadow melded and the cat went stealth, I thought it had despawned, I un-stealth and he two shots me I was just starting to get attached to her.

I'm currently giving it a try on a lvl 6 Rogue (female Worgen named Ironandiraq). However, the rogue feels super squishy. I almost died at lvl 3 when I accidentally aggroed two mobs at once. I may try another NELF hunter since Shadowmeld is so useful (don't get FD till lvl 34), but I really don't feel like doing the NELF starting area again. I was also thinking that the flee racial of the worgen might be good. The healing of a drenai may also be good.

The /gchat for Ironman Challenger started to get a little annoying last night. We hit 1000 guild members and so there is a lot of /gchat, and at times its worse than trade chat. I think the guild will have to disband today and reform before it hits lvl 2 (which would disqualify everyone in the guild lol).

So, the long and the short, its really a ridiculous challenge. I think its going to be extremely hard, with the hardest part being self control. I like to finish quests in my zone and find it hard to not take some quests. I also find it hard to be patient and go slow with my pulls and questing. Also, I had forgotten how much longer it takes to level without BOA's and the 5% exp lvl 2 guild buff.

But, I did have a lot of fun playing last night which is why I pay to play.
saillaw

saillaw to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
said by navymaverick:

Really!?! Dang!

Well, they are only level 5 or less right now so I will ditch them.

If you want to be considered as having really done the challenge, you'll unfortunately have to re-roll. The armory search will show that you had the proffs and if you happen to get high level people will scream you were a cheater.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

Even if I ditch them? I am only level 6 and not yet in the armory. I have yet to get the buff for them because the prof levels are like level 2 and 5.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

if it's on your statistics page, reroll now before you waste that hour getting to 10.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
Yeah, I think so, unfortunately, your stats page will show that you once knew them (IIRC).

I mean I don't care, and I don't think it gave you an unfair edge, but I'd be afraid that some asshat will figure it out eventually and label you a cheater.

There was a heated discussion last night about whther or not you can join a party just for the purpose of getting a mage portal, most the people said "no".

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

said by saillaw:

There was a heated discussion last night about whther or not you can join a party just for the purpose of getting a mage portal, most the people said "no".

The rules posted by the OP said portals and trades are an acceptable excuse to party up.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

Ahh ok, I missed that. I didn't particpate in the debate, just read part of it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
said by navymaverick:

said by saillaw:

The rules posted by the OP said portals and trades are an acceptable excuse to party up.

I posted the rules from the Official Blizzard forums. Having said that, unless you are rolling on their server, I don't see why your Ironman guild can't make their own stricter rules.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
The no guildy thing is a pretty hard sale for me here. If I'm going to do something this slow and grind-tastic, I'd really like a bunch of other Ironman peoples to share my social time with. Doing this alone just seems like taking a cheese grater to my leg.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I haven't tried this, but what if you create a new chat channel? does it work with people that aren't grouped? how global are they? just a thought.

otherwise, it could get expensive constantly starting a new guild. It would need a benefactor of some sort, maybe?

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

They're global for the faction. For example, if I created a ManlyMen channel on a Horde toon, any other hordies on that server could join in and participate regardless of the zone they're in. The only thing these chat channels are not is cross faction.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Thaler:

They're global for the faction. For example, if I created a ManlyMen channel on a Horde toon, any other hordies on that server could join in and participate regardless of the zone they're in. The only thing these chat channels are not is cross faction.

cool.. then that is probably a better solution than building and restarting a guild, imo.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

The most difficult thing about it though is getting people to actually join & participate in it. For some reason, talking in guild seems much more understood by the player base. When you tell people to join channel Ironman (or whatever), you have a significant drop in people willing to participate in it.

Just a weird phenomenon I've seen in my playtime on WoW.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Unless you are using the gbank for something there should be no cost to re-roll the guild. Just make sure you have 5 or however many of the old members sign the charter and poof new guild. Or have they added a cost to creating a guild besides paying people for sigs now that I haven't seen?

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

I think its like 10g if I remember right to buy the guild charter.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Immer

to Immer
So I was watching the list last night and the top player was only level 35 or so.. and with an X on it.. means he's being DQ'd or something..

Seems that players above 35 are dropping like flies... maybe they tried to cheat or something?

So to sign up you just roll a character or how do you enter your toon?
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to saillaw

Premium Member

to saillaw
I just thought wowhead could tell me lol. Didn't find any hard info but comments on the "Guild Charter" page said it was 10s. It's been a few years since I made my bank guild so I really don't know what it's changed to but 10s or 10g does seem familiar.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
Red means they were dq'd as a cheater. To register you just need to have your toon high enough level to showup on the armory (lvl 10+) and then sign up on the link. »wowironman.com/
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I don't see where to sign up in that page..
It just shows rankings and honored dead..

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

did you try putting your toon name and server info and hitting query?

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

said by Immer:

did you try putting your toon name and server info and hitting query?

This is how you do it