caseywor

join:2004-04-19
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Charter
·Mediacom

Tivo on cable

Hi...let me know how the Tivo setup works for you with the cable cards. I have thought about doing that also with my Mediacom cable. I am not surprised they "forgot" the bring them, they really don't like doing it for people, they want you to rent their DVR. I have a cousin in Wilmington, and she and her husband have referred to the DVR that Time Warner rents as being a POS as well. The Motorola one that I have now isn't so bad, just not nearly as functional as the AT&T Uverse one I had.

Good luck!

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
The box mediacom usually uses (The iguide, motorola/pace usually) is a LOT better. Only good use of the TW box is the on demand, and even that just makes my blood boil.. It isn't like you can hit On Demand on the remote and check things out. You must go to the HBO On demand channel, then the Max on demand, then primetime on demand channel #, Ugh..

I have 2 tivo's and one is already running and its smooth, and the guide is lightyears better than both mediacom and tw. Multiroom viewing works great. They need a tuning adapter here, i didn't need one back in IL w/Mediacom.

I love my tivo. You just dont get on demand but most cable companies give you a free box anyway. Otherwise it has netflix, hulu and amazon built in. one has something..
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan
« Ultra crappy ubee ...