uniqs

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

1 recommendation

fatness to nonamesleft

to nonamesleft

Re: Option to delete own Topic or posts.

A lot of good (and some bad) information would disappear from the site if this were allowed. In particular, posters who got pressured from a past or current employer would remove information at that employer's request. Posters who are job hunting would remove some of their old posts here, concerned that it might somehow affect their future employment with someone. Posters who want to scrub google results of their posts would remove things they've posted. Finally, posters who get ticked off momentarily would remove a significant amount of posts.

It has always seemed a bad idea to me for those reasons.

nonamesleft
join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

I won't argue with that. Kinda like the comment pending approval thing on youtube to allow comments that fit ones opinion.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

A lot of good (and some bad) information would disappear from the site if this were allowed. In particular, posters who got pressured from a past or current employer would remove information at that employer's request. Posters who are job hunting would remove some of their old posts here, concerned that it might somehow affect their future employment with someone. Posters who want to scrub google results of their posts would remove things they've posted. Finally, posters who get ticked off momentarily would remove a significant amount of posts.

And for true "I wish I hadn't posted that" moments, the Edit function is there for a day or 2 to go in and edit what you posted. Of course, it would be nice if that edit was then reflected in those who replied to the post using quoted sections.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

If I remember correctly the edit function is there for 5 days.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

actually, it sounds like a good thing.

Grothendieck
Premium Member
join:2002-07-28
Miami, FL

Grothendieck

Premium Member

said by AVD:

said by fatness:

actually, it sounds like a good thing.

Exactly, all the things fatness said I see them as a good thing...

***SIGN***