share rss forum feed

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20

CIK Telecom advertising GTA cable service

CIK Telecom is advertising 50mbit/2mbit GTA cable service.

Since they are offering 50mbit service, it would seem that they are not likely to be either a Teksavvy wholesaler or a Distributel partner. What's the deal here?

edit: Should have included a link
»www.ciktel.com/Main/Eng/Resident···able.asp

shrug

@videotron.ca

Never heard of them.

Their webpage doesn't work for me.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Teddy Boom

There is a redflagdeals thread on them here:
»forums.redflagdeals.com/avoid-ci···-856942/

Couple of years ago they were advertising DSL upto 7mbit

Still, they appear to be a third TPIA provider in Rogers area, I think?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Teddy Boom

So, I just got a telemarketing call from CIK Telecom! Cold call from an Indian call centre. I was very surprised

Anyway, I'm beginning to think they are an aggregated POI customer, just like start.. Still looking for any information though.

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia

3 edits
reply to Teddy Boom

they offering 50MB/2MB cable for $99 unlimited. The unlimited prices aren't so bad for the price I might risk trying them when and if TSI starts enforcing the 300GB cap on 18MB/512K cable. although I see *Unlimited downloading is subjected to the canada CRTC rules and government laws. There no CRTC laws wtf? is this supposed mean.

Edit: Unlimited my ass:

»www.ciktel.com/Main/Eng/Resident···able.asp

Can CIK guarantee the unlimited download/upload usage?

CIK Cable High Speed Internet Service Unlimited download/upload is subject to Canada CRTC rules and government laws. If the CRTC or relevant government departments announce any effective practices or regulations which will affect our current general Terms and Agreements, CIK will notify all existing Cable customers 30 days in advance. Cable Residential Plan is available for residential customers. If there is any abuse of the unlimited download/upload feature with the purpose of sheer business and intended impairment of the network and is detected by CIK, such as 300 GB or more of monthly usage, CIK has the right to suspend/deactivate the customer’s Cable service without prior notice.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

Heh..

I must have seen that before, because I originally thought they were a Teksavvy wholesaler. Not sure what the evidence I was using to make that conclusion, but whenever you see 300GB it is a pretty tell-tale sign

If you read that RFDs thread you will see that their marketing claims are not that close to reality

Still, I think it makes sense to know more about them.

nirajshah7

join:2008-11-12
Markham, ON

so I chatted abt 50/2 service and they say it is truly unlimited. They are getting FAQ updated to remove the 300 GB clause.

You:your FAQ says.. that you have soft limit of 300 GB
You:is that correct?
Kevin:no, that hasn't been updated yet, will told them to remove them

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by nirajshah7:

so I chatted abt 50/2 service and they say it is truly unlimited. They are getting FAQ updated to remove the 300 GB clause.

You:your FAQ says.. that you have soft limit of 300 GB
You:is that correct?
Kevin:no, that hasn't been updated yet, will told them to remove them

I would run away and fast, considering there rep and shady tactics they will tell you anything too get your money. They print lies on there website there no CRTC laws in place concerning caps. If I was you I would signup with Distributel for true unlimited useage and avoid lying CS Reps form foreign countries.