elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to lleader

Premium Member

to lleader

Re: [DSL] Blindsided by Teksavvy! $8 modem rental fee!

Here is what's interesting.

Nexicom is offering 25/7 for $78/month
Modem is included, no network access fee and/or activation charge.

It seems like Bellsavvy is trying to get the last few dollars in before they go under.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

said by elwoodblues:

It seems like Bellsavvy is trying to get the last few dollars in before they go under.

There is a $100 activation charge with nexicom. The modem is listed as being included, but you should confirm that since that may have been intended for the previous DSL services.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Is it really necessary to bash Teksavvy in multiple threads? That seems to be your new thing and it's getting old fast.

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1

said by Mike2009:

said by elwoodblues:

Is it really necessary to bash Teksavvy in multiple threads? That seems to be your new thing and it's getting old fast.

I don't see how he is bashing Teksavvy he's just stating the facts it's cash grab/hidden fee nothing more. There service is in major decline compared to the past not mention the layoffs show there in some financial trouble.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by neuromancer1:

There service is in major decline compared to the past not mention the layoffs show there in some financial trouble.

The layoffs were mostly temporary part-time workers so although they may be suspiciously timed, they do not necessarily mean anything.

What probably hurts their reputation with (former) fanboys more is their decision to have more Bell/Rogers/etc.-like itemized bills for non-optional service components.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to neuromancer1

Premium Member

to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

said by Mike2009:

said by elwoodblues:

I don't see how he is bashing Teksavvy he's just stating the facts it's cash grab/hidden fee nothing more. There service is in major decline compared to the past not mention the layoffs show there in some financial trouble.

This is typical of companies in financial distress, under the assumption that credit has been cut off, you need to generate cash fast, the easiest way is to nickel and dime your customers, reduce your overhead (lay off staff). Of course both lead to service declines, between those leaving for somewhere else, and the stop sells on Cable, growth has come to a standstill. Not to mention the huge costs associated with the new tarrifs

I don't expect anyone at Teksavvy to disclose the state of corporate affairs, but since the beginning of the year, it's been a 100% turnaround, from a chatty, engaging company to one that gives you no answers to the "Blame Bell/Rogers" lines.

Mike2009, if presents an issue you know where the ignore button is. And seriously you need to take the blinkers off and stop being such a fanbois.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

You'd do better without the misinformation ($100 activation with nexicom) and exaggerations. They turn you from a critic to a simple hater, keep going like this (acknowledge your mistake yet?) and you're headed for troll territory.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Hey Elwood, check my posts. I'm definitely no fanboy. I've taken them to task in the past over issues that affected my service.

Ott_Cable
@teksavvy.com

Ott_Cable to elwoodblues

Anon

to elwoodblues
Also that after a layoff means that the same amount of work is now done by remainder of the work force with a low morale. You'll feel like you are in a chicken farm and don't know when your new life as a pie in the factory.

Management also tends to distance itself from the working stiffs.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Are you even a Teksavvy customer? I thought you were with 3Web.
Mike2009

Mike2009 to neuromancer1

to neuromancer1
It's not the one comment but rather the multitude of recent posts.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

As was pointed out to you, Nexicom does charge a $100 activation fee, but you should also know that Nexicom is an ILEC, that offers a 25/7 service that isn't dependent on Bell, in fact if others wanted to offer 25/7 in the Peterborough area, they'd be wholesaling Nexicom's service rather than Bell's.
said by elwoodblues:

That's just sour grapes... do you feel like you bought Teksavvy dinner and didn't get your rocks off at the end of the night?

If that's the case you can always get little love elsewhere... I hear there are lots of other IISPs with equally competitive offerings.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to pnjunction

Premium Member

to pnjunction
said by pnjunction:

You'd do better without the misinformation ($100 activation with nexicom) and exaggerations. They turn you from a critic to a simple hater, keep going like this (acknowledge your mistake yet?) and you're headed for troll territory.

No Misinformation, I'm comparing apples to apples.

There is a $95 activation fee with Teksavvy + the network/activation fee + modem rental.
Both charge the same price for the service, and so sans any additional fee/modem rentals,I'm pointing out Nexicom is offering a better value for the money.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by pnjunction:

No Misinformation, I'm comparing apples to apples.

There is a $95 activation fee with Teksavvy + the network/activation fee + modem rental.
Both charge the same price for the service, and so sans any additional fee/modem rentals,I'm pointing out Nexicom is offering a better value for the money.

On the Unlimited package Your correct nexicom is a better price, but if the person is using the 300gig package 60.99 still beats 72.95 first year/ 77.95 there after. Unlike teksavvys new Slick marketting i included the Modem cost in the Figure cause really Its not like its an optional Fee. thus it should not be itemized..

And Yes Malochite The Modem fee applys to all Customers regardless of signup date they Flipflopped in the direct forums for a week or 2 but thats the new offical Line Until The next Flop at least.