Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

[Bill] Chicago area price list

For those of you in the Chicago area, keep an eye on this month's bill. It includes the full price list.

I did see what looks like a possible mistake: Performance Starter is listed as $49.95 for both with and without TV/Phone service. The regular Performance tier is $48.95 with TV/Phone.

utsports

join:2009-07-13
Knoxville TN

said by andyross:

I did see what looks like a possible mistake: Performance Starter is listed as $49.95 for both with and without TV/Phone service. The regular Performance tier is $48.95 with TV/Phone.

Performance Starter is a new tier that is meant to be a cheaper standalone (Internet only) option between Economy (Economy Plus in some areas) and Performance. Its 6Mbps/1Mbps speeds which is what a lot of Performance customers had before D3 upgrades. It is $49.95 standalone and I don't think its even available bundled with TV or Voice because it would be cheaper to get Performance, in other words I do not think it is discounted when bundled like all the other speed tiers.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

So odds are, if somebody gets Performance Starter, then decides to add phone or TV, they will end up paying $1 more for 1/3 the speed!

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by andyross:

So odds are, if somebody gets Performance Starter, then decides to add phone or TV, they will end up paying $1 more for 1/3 the speed!

... and people wonder why I hold the opinion that Comcast pricing is more marketing based than cost based.