Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Drake1

join:2012-02-12
Baird, TX

2 edits
reply to wayjac

Re: [Troubles] 2wire 2701HG PS3 remote play problem.

Would forwarding that port make the router stop the ARP on the PS3?

Edit: I'm port forwarding it now but on the part that says "Select a computer
Choose the computer that will host applications through the firewall:" Do I choose the PS3 or the computer that is connected to the router via Ethernet cord?

Edit 2: Port forwarding didn't work. But I've been doing some reading on the internet would setting a static IP on the PS3 outside my routers DHCP range, make it to where the ARP packets wouldn't wake the PS3 up? I can already use the remote play on my internet if I can wake the PS3 up with my PSP before my router does with the ARP. So that might be why the port forwarding didn't help.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
said by Drake1:

Would forwarding that port make the router stop the ARP on the PS3?

No
said by Drake1:

Edit: I'm port forwarding it now but on the part that says "Select a computer Choose the computer that will host applications through the firewall:" Do I choose the PS3 or the computer that is connected to the router via Ethernet cord?

Choose the ps3 by name or ip address
said by Drake1:

would setting a static IP on the PS3 outside my routers DHCP range, make it to where the ARP packets wouldn't wake the PS3 up?

No

Once you "pair" a psp or playstation vita to the ps3 the ps3 can be woken via the internet or the lan

I doubt that the 2wire is causing the problem

Drake1

join:2012-02-12
Baird, TX
I have paired my PSP to my PS3, and can get it to work over the internet if I can wake the PS3 up with the PSP before my router sends out a signal to discover the network, which the PS3 mistakes as a wake up call from a PSP or Vita. I've been browsing a lot of other forums and this is a pretty common thing with various routers. I was just wondering if it's possible to disable the signal my 2wire router sends, or if I would be better off buying a new router.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
said by Drake1:

I was just wondering if it's possible to disable the signal my 2wire router sends, or if I would be better off buying a new router

I don't know what the signal is that the 2wire sends out

I've posted how I would start troubleshooting to try and find a solution