Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ
reply to kes601

Re: Walking Dead PQ

I was just catching up on The Walking Dead On Demand and the latest one I can't FFwd at all, this sucks. I watched the other 2 and I could, they were 45 minutes long, but the last is an hour and the ability to FFwd is blocked. Boooo!

elizar

join:2010-09-08
Buffalo, NY

Same with comic book men. The FFwd restriction and commercials only apply to the most recent episode. Wait a week and they go away.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to djoropallo

said by djoropallo:

I was just catching up on The Walking Dead On Demand and the latest one I can't FFwd at all, this sucks. I watched the other 2 and I could, they were 45 minutes long, but the last is an hour and the ability to FFwd is blocked. Boooo!

Fox was the first to disable FF for new on demand and now it seems every broadcaster is following suit.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to kes601

This week's episode looked pretty bad to me. Flipped over to VOD and looked at a bit of last week's episode and the PQ is night and day. I'll be waiting for the episodes to hit VOD before I watch.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by kes601:

This week's episode looked pretty bad to me. Flipped over to VOD and looked at a bit of last week's episode and the PQ is night and day. I'll be waiting for the episodes to hit VOD before I watch.

With other channels the FiOS VOD quality is typically worse that the broadcast version.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Agreed. What I find interesting in doing a Google search for AMC HD bad PQ it seems like 95% ofme results are Vz related. I'm wondering if something with Vz's infrastructure has problems with low bandwidth channels - which would explain why Vz is the only provider to tell NBC Universal / Comcast that the recently compressed USA / SyFy / Bravo feed looks abnormally bad.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4

I don't think that's it. Go over to dbstalk, and look for threads dealing with when they got AMC HD, and you'll see plenty of posts complaining about the crappy, heavily-pixellated PQ.