All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

nonamesleft
join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft to davidg

to davidg

Re: Option to delete own Topic or posts.

said by davidg:

there is a search function, use it and you will see the last request for this was barely over a month ago.

Do YOU see any other threads about this topic in my search link results?
»/nsear ··· sts&cat=

Yes bring up an old thread and hear the WHINING That its 1 or 2 years old.

No wonder I got fed up and deleted my account here a few times.

mod_wastrel
anonome
join:2008-03-28

mod_wastrel

He's probably referring to this one: »[request] Give Creator of a Topic moderation rights to own Topic (though it's not the same, it's [sort of] similar). Either way, it ain't gonna happen. (Yes, it keeps coming up, but that's what the mods are for. And if you can't even edit your posts beyond 5 days, then you should expect that you wouldn't be allowed to delete them at all--and there are good reasons for that.)

nonamesleft
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

said by mod_wastrel:

He's probably referring to this one: »[request] Give Creator of a Topic moderation rights to own Topic (though it's not the same, it's [sort of] similar). Either way, it ain't gonna happen. (Yes, it keeps coming up, but that's what the mods are for. And if you can't even edit your posts beyond 5 days, then you should expect that you wouldn't be allowed to delete them at all--and there are good reasons for that.)

Exactly my point, if the search doesn't match exactly, it won't bring anything up. So searching is sometimes flawed.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57 to nonamesleft

Premium Member

to nonamesleft
said by nonamesleft:

No wonder you started this topic then, too. You sound like someone who often makes rash decisions.

Deleting/reinstating your account "a few times". Apparently regularly making posts you're later embarrassed by or not willing to stand behind.

Maybe taking a little time to think calmly before you post or delete your account (or reinstate it) is the way you should be going.

nonamesleft
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

said by AB57:

said by nonamesleft:

No wonder you started this topic then, too. You sound like someone who often makes rash decisions.

Deleting/reinstating your account "a few times". Apparently regularly making posts you're later embarrassed by or not willing to stand behind.

Maybe taking a little time to think calmly before you post or delete your account (or reinstate it) is the way you should be going.

Maybe go back and re-read what I said. Taking what I say out of context will get you on ignore

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

1 recommendation

AB57

Premium Member

said by nonamesleft:

Maybe go back and re-read what I said.

Just re-read it. Didn't change anything.

Taking what I say out of context will get you on ignore

Oh, heaven forbid. Taking it in context, too?