Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik

Premium Member

AAPL @ over $500 a pop.
I will sell a couple of shares and upgrade if I can keep the grandfathered unlimited with LTE. If not I will get the iPad 2 3G to keep the unlimited and iPad 3 wifi version.
ShellMMG
join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI

ShellMMG

I tried that trick. I wanted to move my unlimited, grandfathered Alltel aircard account over to LTE but no dice. That was when we didn't have landline access at home and were dependent on VZW for our internet access.

I have a 1st Gen iPad wifi only, but we got our daughter the iPad2 as a graduation gift last summer. The dual cameras and the retina display (not to mention a faster processor) would be lovely, but I don't know if the cost is worth the upgrade.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik

Premium Member

I have a feeling the LTE on the iPad3 with be a change in my plan which will void the grandfathered unlimited.
So just going with the Ipad2 3g may be the best choice for me but I will wait and see.
Actually 3G is enough speed for me on the iPad for streaming. I want to keep grandfathered unlimited for as long as I can.

nycnetwork
join:2000-11-12
Brooklyn, NY

nycnetwork

I still have iPad 1 unlimited data SIM. I'm thinking if we swap that sim for an LTE SIM and give them IMEI of an LTE iPad 3, will the account get provisioned automatically to Unlimited LTE?
the apn is the same on hspa and lte "broadband"

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76

As someone that is in the process of upgrading from only a 3G to a faux 4G hspa+ phone they are different plans they told me I had to get my company to switch plans from 2GB 3G plan to a 4G plan, so I don't know if they'll let you transfer unlimited to LTE. It's worth a shot, but it's more than just giving them the imei, the apn's are different for 4G from what I've read.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to mist668

Premium Member

to mist668
And 2048x1536 resolution with quad core chip? This one is definately worth the price..

nycnetwork
join:2000-11-12
Brooklyn, NY

nycnetwork to MovieLover76

to MovieLover76
For smartphones the APN is different it's "PTA", but I have a metered 4G LTE tablet plan and the APN is "Broadband" just like the iPad's APN.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to mist668

Premium Member

to mist668
said by mist668:

Same ol ipad with LTE and people will eat it up at $700 a pop

double the screen resolution, double the cores... same ol? You have very high expectations, I guess.
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q to mist668

Premium Member

to mist668
said by mist668:

Really? What previous version of the iPad had a quad core?

Matt

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to JohnInSJ

Premium Member

to JohnInSJ
said by JohnInSJ:

said by mist668:

double the screen resolution, double the cores... same ol? You have very high expectations, I guess.

Considering how stagnant the high res pc monitor field has been for awhile this could have really good effects on the industry as a whole... So maybe he was expecting Jesus himself.