uniqs

Fobulous
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX

Fobulous

Premium Member

[NBA] Jeremy Lin is for real?

Is this guy for real? I kinda stopped following NBA after the Rockets stopped winning championships

But damn this guy played hell of a game against Kobe.

Y'all think this guy is for real or will he just gonna be above average once everyone figure him out..

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki

Premium Member

Been following the guy for a while now and had him on my fantasy league team since early December. He worked out well for me last week

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
I don't think he can keep up the scoring pace. Those are HOF numbers. Who was the best guard he played during that stretch? John Wall? But as a fellow asian and a true basketball fan I am glad to see him do good but I wouldn't hype him up like others are. He is good for the NBA. I have friends who never gave a crap about the NBA but now are talking about the NBA because of him. As it seems so far he seems like a legit nice guy and geniune Christian. Glad to see him do well.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to Fobulous

to Fobulous
Having watched him play the last five games I have to say that he has one of the best awareness on the court Ive seen this year. I would put him in the same category as Steve Nash who everyone admits is not that athletic but his knowledge and game mechanics make him one of the best. Im not saying he is good as Nash nor do I think Lin will be the amazing all-star every year but I do think he will be able to provide real leadership on the court which the Knicks desperately need atm.

BTW Im a Knick fan that had not watched a game for over a month as I felt both Amare and Carmelo were overrated and their selfishness were detremental to the team. I started watching again due to the excitement that Lin was bringing to the team. I just hope they both can bring their game into more of a team effort now working with Lin.

Tokidoki
Premium Member
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
Chemistry looking quite off tonight with Stoudemire back. Way too many turnovers so far.
Tokidoki

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
THAT WAS AWESOME! Good shit Lin.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom to Fobulous

to Fobulous
Limazing.......

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Tokidoki

Premium Member

to Tokidoki
The Legend of Lin continues. I hope he does become a solid starter.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
A smart basketball player ? I finally watched an entire game last night. Love players like this: talented, intelligent, and hungry but best of all no gross tattoos and body piercings.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
»espn.go.com/espn/comment ··· ised-too

Nice read on ESPN.com

Tokidoki
Premium Member
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
I really want to see how Lin handles the Mavericks. I want the Mavericks to win who happens to have my favorite player, Jason Kidd, but I want Lin's story to keep on going until ball hog Melo is back.
Tokidoki

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
lol. Knicks just toying with them. Lin going to get a triple double at this rate :P

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Airstrip One

tapeloop to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
Clearly this is just the liberal media desirous that an Asian point guard do well.

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

That's just what Mayweather said. That's also the reason he's dodging another Asian fighter. Don't give them Asians any more publicity.

btB
@rr.com

btB to Fobulous

Anon

to Fobulous
For real in that he will be in consideration for the HOF? Seriously doubt it. Exactly where he will fit is still up in the air as he cannot play like this forever. Once he cools off, is he a starter, backup, someone who bounces around the league, or just gone from the NBA in 2 years? Who knows, but I am thinking backup point guard for a few years in a system like New York's that fits his game.

Great story nevertheless. Somebody who is an Asian American, not even offered a Division I Scholarship, goes to Harvard, and was undrafted. Now he is putting up all-star numbers which is just amazing no matter how long it lasts.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
Man. Maybe I should go to the Rec Center now. They might let me play too because I'm asian.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to capdjq

to capdjq
That link didn't come out so well.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

LOL. I think Mayweather is hilarious. I think he's mad at asians because Pac won't fight him. Mayweather is looking for a big pay day before he goes to jail. HE MAD BRO!

Fobulous
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX

Fobulous

Premium Member

I totally lost respect for this thug. I don't follow boxing but i heard about how good he was and when he joined Dancing with the Star i thought he was cool.

But after seeing couple of episodes of him from HBO and couple with what he said about Lin, he is a total ass.

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
I agree. It appears I was against giving Asians any more publicity. Quite the contrary.
capdjq

capdjq to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
said by Fobulous:

I totally lost respect for this thug. I don't follow boxing but i heard about how good he was and when he joined Dancing with the Star i thought he was cool.

But after seeing couple of episodes of him from HBO and couple with what he said about Lin, he is a total ass.

As much as I dislike Mayweather for his off ring antics and his unsportsmanlike conduct in ring (last fight), I hate to admit he does have a point. Would Lin be getting this much publicity, if he were black? Chinese Americans are not your stereotypical basketball players. I think that was the main reason he wasn't, initially, given any court time.

However, regardless of race, his is a feel good story. A kind of Rudy, who can actually play. In the end, however, it is about the basketball. His skills were on display against the Kings on Wednesday. The kid brought creativity and freedom to the Knick's offense that was lacking before.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

He does make a good point. I do not want this to turn into a racial thing, but I think this story would be even bigger if Lin was white. Ever since Larry Bird people have been waiting for the next White Hope. A lot of people are talking about Lin but if he was white it would get blown to proportions of Tebow. Old ladies at my work place would be talking about him like Tebow but they don't even know the story of Lin because he is...asian.

Tokidoki
Premium Member
South Richmond Hill, NY

1 edit

2 recommendations

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
pfft. Mayweather is just some dumbfuck who can't keep his mouth shut. It's not just because Lin is asian but because we're talking about a guy who was cut several times, was going to end up disappearing after just a game or two rising out from the shadow and completely changing a basketball team 180 degrees. It didn't take Amare or Melo to bring confidence to the Knicks team and it's fans, it took a single nobody who was sleeping on somebody else's couch to do so.

It's a feel good story and goes to show that giving people careful consideration might bring out hidden talents scouts never would expect.
Tokidoki

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
Lin needs to work on his turnovers D:

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Well. He almost got a double double with points and T.O.'s.

btB
@rr.com

btB

Anon

From my understanding, Lin had been playing 2-guard since entering college. So, he does not have much experience playing point at a high level. He did play point in high school though. With his style of play and lack of experience, turnovers are not that surprising. The Knicks are either going to have to accept the turnovers, hope he cuts down on them, or (if they cannot accept it) just reduce his playing time.

AuraReturn
Premium Member
join:2003-08-18
USA

AuraReturn

Premium Member

said by btB :

From my understanding, Lin had been playing 2-guard since entering college. So, he does not have much experience playing point at a high level. He did play point in high school though. With his style of play and lack of experience, turnovers are not that surprising. The Knicks are either going to have to accept the turnovers, hope he cuts down on them, or (if they cannot accept it) just reduce his playing time.

Where did you read he was a 2 guard? He was the PG at Harvard.

Tokidoki
Premium Member
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
It's a shame they lost to the Hornets because they played great today!

Dread
On course
Premium Member
join:2005-02-28
Bronx, NY

Dread to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· yTX_aw#!

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

rolfp

Premium Member

Traveling!

espn.com might be interested in a link to that youtube video.