join:2005-02-28
Bronx, NY

Dread to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM

Re: [NBA] Jeremy Lin is for real?

said by I AM:

I support Lin not the Knicks.

He just played like ass today, where were you?

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

He seemed nervous? Bright lights? He is still pretty much a rookie and people are bound to have bad games. It was one of the first full games I watched. This is what I observed:
- Knicks don't know how to play Defense together.
- They have no identity on Offense. Should they go inside? Should they let Lin do his thing? Run and Gun? Should we get to ball to Melo? They are not sure what they are doing at all on offense.
- Amare is washed up after 1 year?
- Heats came out to stop Lin.
- He has horrible handles, Mario Chalmers was just pressing him by himself.
- They need actual practices
This year has been a weird one due to the lockout. Teams are using games for practices and it shows. Melo and Amare should have stepped up last night. It was a big stage and probably the biggest game Lin has ever played in so far this year. Melo and Amare should have played a lot better. Is Amare mad about not being the man no more in NY?
petermah
join:2012-02-09
Saskatoon, SK

petermah to WK2

to WK2
Lin is the real deal. I really like him, He is very good for the NBA as well. It's funny/cool/straight hilarious that Asians are talking smack now, lol. It's all good.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to Fobulous

to Fobulous
He just set an NBA record for # of turnovers in his first 11 starts. He'll need to work on that.
AndyDufresne
Premium Member
join:2010-10-30
Chanhassen, MN
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ERPro8
Netgear R7000

AndyDufresne

Premium Member

said by fatness:

He just set an NBA record for # of turnovers in his first 11 starts. He'll need to work on that.

Has problem going left and gets caught up in the air way too much trying to pass.

Dread
On course
Premium Member
join:2005-02-28
Bronx, NY

Dread to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

Definitely, this is a big problem considering D'antoni's offensive style...if the offense crumbles we have nothing

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I heard on some sports show the other day thought I have no facts that Nash was close to 4 TO's a game with Mike D. Lin is close to about 6? Once he gets in more practice and tape time he should be good. This is a shorten season there basically is no time for pratices.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to Fobulous

to Fobulous
Lin had a horrible game but its only one. Knicks will get 3 practices in before the game Wed and that should help with the teamwork.
AndyDufresne
Premium Member
Chanhassen, MN

AndyDufresne

Premium Member

The need to get out of 8th playoff spot. They have to try to get to 4-6 spot. Going up against Bulls or Heat is not how they want to start playoffs.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Rose would run circles around Lin.
AndyDufresne
Premium Member
Chanhassen, MN
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ERPro8
Netgear R7000

AndyDufresne

Premium Member

You got that right. He has not played well aginst teams that have fast PG and the Heat pretty much showed how to shut him down which is to make him work to bring ballup the court.I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis be starter come playoffs. Lin is still a nice story.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Only chance for Knicks on d would to be what? Put Fields on Rose and let Lin cover the Shooting guard? Rip and whoever plays SG slot for Chicago hasn't been great all year.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom to Fobulous

to Fobulous
Lin had another great game and might have broken his nose.

Edit update: Seems he did not break his nose, just bloody.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

The story will never end.

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
What a disaster it has been. Can't even tell if it's because Melo came back or something else.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by Tokidoki:

What a disaster it has been. Can't even tell if it's because Melo came back or something else.

Melo is the most overrated player in the NBA for the last few years for the salary he commands. His stats can mimic Kobe for the first 3 quarters but when it comes to crunch time he is a horrible choker. Id trade him tomorrow, if I was in the Knicks management, as his salary does not support his output.

Im not the only one tha feels this way, just google most overrated NBA player and alot of stories will be about Melo like this one.

»bleacherreport.com/artic ··· /page/11

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Melo and someone else for Dwight. Can Magics say no?

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to Fobulous

Premium Member

to Fobulous
Carmelo was -50 for the week. Yikes.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Melo is a great scorer but maybe he is the problem here. Lin may not be as skilled or a "Star" like Melo but Lin was inspiring his teammates to play on another level.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos to Tokidoki

Numquam oblitus

to Tokidoki
It's all the coach's fault!