uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

Anything Useful?

All that's neat and all, but is there anything to add new functionality to the device? I'd like to think that some manufacturer will bridge the gap of tablets that will allow them to be used as virtual note pads...but it seems as though any use of a stylus instantly dooms the hardware or something.

And before someone mentions it, yes, I know there are styli for the iPad out now. However, the iPad hasn't the hardware required to differentiate between stylus and a hand. Writing with these is very unnatural (you have to keep your hand off the screen), and so it makes for a very poor equivalent of digital notes.

When someone makes a device as light as an iPad, yet has the capacity to be used like paper & sync with services like OneNote, then the educational field will rejoice and sing praises. Until then, something like HP's TouchSmart laptop series (which got canned, do you not like money HP?) is about as close as we're going to get.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
said by Thaler:

I'd like to think that some manufacturer will bridge the gap of tablets that will allow them to be used as virtual note pads ... When someone makes a device as light as an iPad, yet has the capacity to be used like paper ...

The future is here!

--
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" -- a corollary of Murphy's Law
"A dog is like a child who never grows old ... always there to love and be loved" -- Aaron Katcher

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
Already got that crap. It takes up space, is messy, and not at all convenient to back up and share.