how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

littlerm9

join:2006-07-07
Hazel Green, AL

[AL] M-card question

I have an M-card that I have been using in a HDHomerun Prime (PC-based network tuner) but I am switching to a Ceton InfiniTV 4 (PC-based PCI-X tuner) due to problems with the HDHomerun. Can I call Mediacom and pair the same M-card with the new hardware or will I have to go get another card from Mediacom? Thanks for any help!

OldCableGuy

@communications.net
Good luck.

DoctorX

join:2010-08-01
reply to littlerm9
yea... you can... I have two of the primes, what issues are you having? I have mine working good now.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
reply to littlerm9
If the card has already been paired to a device, there is a little more work involved getting it paired with something else. When you get your new tuner, send me the CableCard Serial number, Host ID and Data Number and I can get this done.

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
reply to DoctorX
I keep getting the Viewing or Listening Conflict error or no tuners available error. Several are having this problem in WMC. I am hoping the Ceton will be more reliable. I missed a couple of sporting events over the weekend due to this problem.

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
reply to MediacomChad
Thanks MediacomChad, I really do appreciate the help!

DoctorX

join:2010-08-01
reply to littlerm9
did you update to the update that just came out last week? you need to install that on all the pcs that share the prime.

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
Yeah I am using the 20120128 update. I cam home today and all but recordings have failed, and I cannot tune LiveTV. I am getting the No tuners available error message, but none of the tuners are being used. All tuner lights on the Prime are off. I will be installing the Ceton card within the hour.

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
reply to littlerm9
I just spent 30+ minutes on the phone and the guy was unable to complete the switch. Hopefully MediacomChad will be able to help me out with this.

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
reply to littlerm9
MediacomChad helped me out and had me up and going in no time! Thanks MediacomChad, we are lucky to have you on here. Thank you!

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
Not a problem at all. If you need anything further just let me know.