All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

wbaborcomca
@comcast.net

wbaborcomca to mboy

Anon

to mboy

Re: Netgear wndr 3700 v1 AND v2 can not connect to WAN.

First, I am NOT a IT tech...

I have the WNR 1000....and had the same problem....

Reset the router to factory specs...from routerlogin.net...then unplug the router...plug back in...

Go back to the routerlogin.net and set up thru the wizard....Auto channel, and set security as recommended ...when it asks for a mac address...mark use computer..it should then connect to the Netgear website...set up SSID and password...then log out...

You should be able to surf and find the SSID from whatever device you are using....worked for me...had to call tier tech support.

For some reason with Comcast you have to set Mac address as from the computer you are using...

mboy
Premium Member
join:2001-04-13
Little Falls, NJ

mboy

Premium Member

said by wbaborcomca :

I have the WNR 1000....and had the same problem....

Reset the router to factory specs...from routerlogin.net...then unplug the router...plug back in...

Go back to the routerlogin.net and set up thru the wizard....Auto channel, and set security as recommended ...when it asks for a mac address...mark use computer..it should then connect to the Netgear website...set up SSID and password...then log out...

You should be able to surf and find the SSID from whatever device you are using....worked for me...had to call tier tech support.

For some reason with Comcast you have to set Mac address as from the computer you are using...

I will try this over weekend when I am there. Thanks.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to wbaborcomca

to wbaborcomca
said by wbaborcomca :

....mac cloning is not required....