uniqs
share rss forum feed

malocite

join:2004-05-24
Hamilton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Phibian

Re: [DSL] Blindsided by Teksavvy! $8 modem rental fee!

said by Phibian:

Except they are now charging the fee to everyone. I signed up before Feb 2nd and my latest invoice shows the fee and accounting verified that the fee is applicable to all 25/7 services regardless of signup date.

Uh huh... wait... what?!

Are you telling me that after all of this... after all of the frustration and anger - and all they needed to do was say "Just to clarify the modem rental applies to all people regardless of sign up date"and they DIDN'T say it!?!

Teksavvy - Pull your heads out of your assess and start answering questions honestly and fully again.

(I spoke to two separate people there and did not get given this information)

So I guess we're back to them sucking on communication but not being sneaky liars.... I suppose that's a step up.

Phibian

join:2009-06-01
Ottawa, ON
Yeah that's about it. The communication on this was terrible. Even within TSI they didn't seem to have much of a clue about it. I spent a lot of time on hold while they got answers.

Bhruic

join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to malocite
said by malocite:

So I guess we're back to them sucking on communication but not being sneaky liars.... I suppose that's a step up.

Not being?? After they repeatedly total multiple people that no, the modem rental fee would only apply to new signups? After they put out a FAQ that specifically said that the modem rental fee would only apply to new signups?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to malocite
The 8$ modem fee will apply to new & existing customers. This has been recently reviewed and why the FAQ was removed from the site as we are trying to make sure everything is clear. Naturally questions will show up even after the FAQ is released.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by TSI Martin:

The 8$ modem fee will apply to new & existing customers.

Can you shed some light on why there is a modem rental fee when there is no mention of it in the tariffs as well as why it wasn't mentioned before February 2, 2012.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
I believe the Charge was implemented in the Contract Bell provides to Wholesalers. This I don't have the details. I don't think I can even get the details for this contract either.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
There "should" be an approved modem in the near future if bell gets off its ass and runs the tests a bit faster on the one sent in

Phibian

Ottawa, ON
Could you elaborate on this please?

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
An isp has sent in a modem for testing.If it gets passed then a modem will be available that doesnt have anything to do with bell.How wide spread use of the modem will become I dunno.Depends on if consumers can buy them themselves or Isp's rent sell etc

Phibian

Ottawa, ON
Ah. Is this acanac or someone else? I didn't think they were that far along in the process. Also you don't by chance know if this modem will work with both types of remotes (stinger & 7330)?

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
yes its Acanac but there may be others.As for what it will work with I dunno.I imagine it would have to work with all remotes bell has out there.I believe the sagecom works on both if that is what was sent in.Lots of modem suppliers out there willing to try to get into the vdsl market

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to andyb
said by andyb:

Depends on if consumers can buy them themselves or Isp's rent sell etc

Try finding "loose" (non-branded or bundled with an ISP's activation) VDSL2 or DOCSIS modem at retail... nearly impossible since most manufacturers sell exclusively through carriers and ISPs. So if ISPs do manage to find a modem that works with both early-vintage IKNS and current 7330 remotes with stock firmware, chances are that the ISP(s) will be the nearly exclusive source for those modems.

the cerberus

join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON
If you read over in one of the Canadian Broadband forum threads, Paul mentions the chipset he's going to use, that he has to order these modems in the 1000's, and hes getting Acanac branding on them. Acanac also plans to "rate limit" aka throttle their customers because bell's new GAS prices are too high

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
reply to InvalidError
It has to start somewhere and there are lots of companies willing to make make shit.If its popular it will make it into local stores.Cable modems used to be taboo also

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
said by andyb:

It has to start somewhere and there are lots of companies willing to make make shit.

When that "shit" needs to be certified by the carrier, options are far more limited no matter how many companies are willing to make it.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
I'd rather be able to purchase the hardware and certification is good because I know it will work nicely with Bell's remotes.

Velix

join:2007-06-08
La Prairie, QC
reply to TSI Martin
said by TSI Martin:

The 8$ modem fee will apply to new & existing customers. This has been recently reviewed and why the FAQ was removed from the site as we are trying to make sure everything is clear. Naturally questions will show up even after the FAQ is released.

So if I understand it correctly, it went from no fee for everyone before Feb 2. Then on Feb 2, a $8 fee was added for new customers only. Now it's a $8 for everyone, right? All the people that taught they were ok are now not ok tp put it politely?