share rss forum feed

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to El Quintron

Re: [DSL] Blindsided by Teksavvy! $8 modem rental fee!

They're an ILEC where they have their own network, and a CLEC outside that area. Outside their territory they'd use Bell's FTTN-GAS service.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Guspaz:

They're an ILEC where they have their own network, and a CLEC outside that area. Outside their territory they'd use Bell's FTTN-GAS service.

Does the CO Nexicom uses to provide service belong to Bell or Nexicom?
--
I'm watching District 9 again, and I've come to realize something: Wikus's got it all wrong. If I were morphing into a 9 foot tall hyper-dextrous alien that can shoot lightning bolts and get high off cat food why would I ever want to become human again?

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by El Quintron:

said by Guspaz:

Most likely Bell, they probably co-locate a DSLAM.

pallo

join:2011-12-01
canada
said by JCohen:

said by El Quintron:

Most likely Bell, they probably co-locate a DSLAM.

If they really are an ILEC then I'd expect them to be like any other incumbent and own their CO, not just colocate.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by pallo:

If they really are an ILEC then I'd expect them to be like any other incumbent and own their CO, not just colocate.

That was my expectation as well... I was under the impression they were similar to AMTelecom pre-Eastlink buyout.
--
I'm watching District 9 again, and I've come to realize something: Wikus's got it all wrong. If I were morphing into a 9 foot tall hyper-dextrous alien that can shoot lightning bolts and get high off cat food why would I ever want to become human again?